Sold My Bike :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold My Bike :(

On Saturday at about 7:30 PM, I sold my beloved 1982 GS300L. I sold it to go and buy a CB 650 bobber. I thought it only had carburetor issues but it was far worse. My dad took the 650 for a spin. When he came back he said that it was missing on one of the cylinders real bad. The owner said that the plugs get fouled because of the carbs. We pulled the plugs to replace them and my dad helped. When my dad pulled the plug out of cylinder 1, It was covered in oil. My dad looked at the owner and saw him quickly wiping the oil off of one of his spark plugs. My dad then said "I forgot the phone in the truck." He went and called his mechanic and he said that that usually means bad rings or valves. We told the owner that it had major engine work that needed done. He said he would take 350 for it. He originaly wanted 500...
    I took it down the road with some old plugs that he had brushed off and it missed like crazy. My top speed was 80. When i pulled in the clutch to turn around, it died So at this point i thought that i sold my bike for no reason. But when me and my dad were on our way home, I remembered that when i pulled the plugs on my 300... There was oil all over them.
    MY 300 SOLD FOR 650$ and i was bummed out I didn't know that oil on the plugs was a bad thing at the time so i thought nothing of it. Im currently rebuilding my other GS300L D model. I already have somebody that wants it when its done. I't's gonna be like christmas morning in about a week here. I ordered a whole bunch of parts off of ebay with the money i got from my bike
Working...
X