Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atgatt .....

Comment

Buy a mesh Jacket - New Enough has Joe Rocket ones for $60 shipped at the moment - no excuse!

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

100 hear today with heat index in the 105 range. When it is like this my bike stays in the garage at least until the sun go's down. I don't ride to work because i think i would melt the engine in the traffic i would have to ride in. Sad part is the A\C compressor on my car gave up after 14 years of Texas summers. $307 for a new one or $700 installed with new dryer. I only have $2000 in the car after owning it for 3 years. 14 years old and 165,000 miles, but runs like a top and i really like driving it. Just can't decide if i want to fix it or suffer for another 2 months of heat.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Tell me again why anyone lives there?

You get used to it. LOL Besides, it comes in handy at times. Put a couple of eggs in your tank bag and an hour later when you stop, they're done.
          Lil salt, lil pepper and............ yum. heheh

Earl
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
            Atgatt .....
            Sorry, the ATGATT was in my backpack, bungeed to the seat acting as my backrest for the ride home. I did have my light tan denim pants and light colored long sleeve sweatshirt to keep the sun from tanning my legs and arms though. Delayed 1/2 hour before leaving work, so traffic was moving by then, and once out of the city, I stayed along the western side of the river with trees shading the lowering sun. Then crossed the river into the sun again, but got stuck behind a fully loaded logging truck, so I was thankful for wearing the full face, long sleeves and pants, as pieces of bark and woodchips bounced off my various body parts. Tired of not being able to pass because of oncoming traffic and not having the launching feature of my 1100E's anymore, I veered off to backroads. I also had visions of 20 ft, 2 ton logs bouncing off the back of that truck squashing me like a bug. By then it was cooling off and the last 15 miles was a pleasure again.

Comment

I got mesh! How 'bout you?

I have a leather jacket that's good up to 79º, and a mesh jacket that's good down to 70º. Both have armor padding.
              On a 90º day I poured water over the front and sleeves of the mesh jacket. Where it was wet reminded me of riding on a cool fall day, and that made the dry places feel like riding in a hot dry dessert.
              The water evaporated away after 15 minutes, but it proved to be a refreshing option for hot weather.
              A wet neck muffler was suggested in Proficient Motorcycling for cooling.
              Bill
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
              X