Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, have a great birthday. Sent you some beer money to your personal paypal.

Comment

Happy birthday Chris!
      Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
      1979 GS850GN
      sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
      1975-2008

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks a million for birthday wishes and voicemails. I really appreciate it.

Comment

December 19th, 2011 - I’m well and alive

I’m well and alive and was for a long time computer–less. About a month and half ago, I was going to the parking garage to leave the motorcycle, and I asked my friend Lourdes to open the sliding door of the garage. The door was stuck because of some gravel on the rail but she got it open just enough for the bike to pass through. As she turned around towards me, before I could say a word, the 25ft long steel door collapsed on her head and buried her missing and the bike by less than an inch. The gigantic piece of metal was so heavy that I could only lift it a few inches off of her body, but she couldn’t get herself out. Finally people arrived and with some help we lifted the metal gate and rescued her. She still had her motorcycle helmet on, and it undoubtedly saved her life. She came out with lots of cuts and bruises, and as she was wearing a backpack with my laptop in it, the laptop was crushed as well. Everything is almost fixed now and I have a lot of catching up to do. For now, happy late Thanksgiving and early Christmas to everyone.

Comment

ATTGATT. It's not just for riding.

Glad she's OK. Looking forward to the next installment.
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Thanks Guys. She is fine now and my laptop is almost working but it overheats all the time and shuts off every 5 minutes. I gotta find a replacement fan (hoping that it's not the mother board) and should be back in business again. Have a beautiful and COLD Christmas, it's hotter than hell in South America.

Comment

It's a weird problem. The screen was shattered so I had to replace that and while I was doing that, cleaned and tested everything. The thermal paste under CPU and GPU are new (best crap I could find down here of course) and the fan is working and the speed is normal.

As of right now, the only way I can use it is to clock the CPU way down and limit the processing power which really sucks. It sure as hell doesn't help that the temperatures are in 100's all day long with no air-conditioning.

Comment

glad to hear you're both ok!
                  1979 GS850GN
                  sigpic

1975-2008

Comment

Hey Chris, you guys still alive out there??
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

azr,

Thanks for checking in buddy. I'm alive and well. My bank account finally ran dry and I had to do some webdesign work to get some cash but i'm good now for a few tanks of gas.

The bike was acting up, i had to replace the battery (after 3 years of hard riding), and I was busy doing last minute maintenance and getting the Bolivian visa.

It's been raining here hard for a few weeks and the roads are all muddier than hell but i'm leaving tomorrow morning for Cochabamba, Bolivia. Bolivia has very little paved road so i'm changing the tires tonight to dual sports and hope for the best. Pics and stories should start rolling in in a few days.

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Chris, Do you know anything about Greg Powell? Did he drop off the end of the earth? Nevada?
                        Keep it up and ride safe. John
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2012, 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

My friend Greg Powell from Canada? last i heard from him he was in Chile, heading south for Argentina.

This is his website, (it loads very slow) http://www.gregsadventure.com

Comment

Chris, Thanks. John

Comment

A trip gone wrong

A trip gone wrong from hell. Couple shots of the road until I find internet to post the hell stories from Bolivia. In the mean time, if you know any Bolivians, run'em over a few times with a loaded truck.

Comment

looks like your at least ok.....how's the bike?
                                1979 GS850GN
                                sigpic

1975-2008

Comment

Working...
                                X