Went for a ride yesterday......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
    I'm playing my fretless bass guitar and leaving it in secure lockup presently, but next Monday I'll be driving my truck down to leave my Kay string bass there. This weekend and tomorrow night I have to use my Kay in the Heartland Symphony Orchestra for our fall concert series. I prefer to play it rather than the bass guitar, but until I can leave it locked up down there for the practices and performances (performances start next Thursday), I just use the bass guitar.
    I haven't made a bass trailer for my bike yet, but it'll probably happen.
    Aww come on, that is what they make gig-bags for... I used to play my bass trombone with a community band about 20 miles from the house and I would ride down every week (during the winter for practice and during the summer for performances) with my horn on my back in it's gig-bag. This is when I was riding the 450L so an already big guy on that small bike plus the horn, I got a lot of strange looks in the summer and even stranger in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by WesV View Post
      Aww come on, that is what they make gig-bags for... I used to play my bass trombone with a community band about 20 miles from the house and I would ride down every week (during the winter for practice and during the summer for performances) with my horn on my back in it's gig-bag. This is when I was riding the 450L so an already big guy on that small bike plus the horn, I got a lot of strange looks in the summer and even stranger in the winter.
      Yeah, my string bass has a gig bag I haul it in, I just haven't figured out a good way to strap it to the sissy bar...............

Comment

This last Monday I went for a 60 mile or so ride. Temps in the mid 60's little wind had my leathers on and full face helmet. By the way, fair weather ridder here Was enough to get the gas tank down to just below half so now all I think i have to do is start it up once a week let it run for 15-30 mins just to keep the battery charged and do that till the 60's and balming 70's come back next spring

Comment

I dont mind riding in cool weather and its cool like winter in the midwest already, rode to work 40 degrees and raining its was fun just get the gear on and roll

Comment

^^^__ As you can see by this pic of my bike, no windshield or fairing and I"m learning the wind is alot colder while ridding than just standing. LOL don't know why I didn't figure that out earlier

Comment

Windshield? Faring? What are these things of which you speak?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                One out of two ain't bad!

Which one ? Friggin Yanks !!
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Winter's here already. Last night riding home from practice the snow blew in from Canada with a vengeance. I rode down to Brainerd in nice sunny weather, by 10 pm, the wind was blowing at about 30-45 mph, and by the time I was 20 miles from home it was snowing. It was actually blizzarding 10 miles from home and starting to stick on the road. This morning I woke up to 21 deg. F and an inch of snow on the ground.

Comment

Condensation

Originally posted by sscott View Post
                    This last Monday I went for a 60 mile or so ride. Temps in the mid 60's little wind had my leathers on and full face helmet. By the way, fair weather ridder here Was enough to get the gas tank down to just below half so now all I think i have to do is start it up once a week let it run for 15-30 mins just to keep the battery charged and do that till the 60's and balming 70's come back next spring
                    Myself I like to keep the tank towards the full mark (prevents condensation), and put a little Sta-bil in her...

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                      This morning I woke up to 21 deg. F and an inch of snow on the ground.
                      Same thing here ! Suppose to get more tomorrow. That would be the sh!ts if the Twins & Yanks had to play outside tomorrow. They'll have no choice next season.

Hey Dan,

Could you bring me some firewood ?
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Go Rockies!

Snow? Did somebody say snow?

Comment

Working...
                        X