Short ride today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short ride today.

Since I finished installing the new cluster on my bike, replaceing the valve cover gasket, and painting the valve cover, I've been dying to ride. Its been in the 50s in MD the last few days and it was killing me (things to do w/ my woman kept me from riding). So today I told her that I needed to get out and ride.

Its a good thing I took my 650 out today too. I did find out that my valve cover is still leaking (RT rear only) so I'll have to fix that later when she cools down. And the paint I used seems to be melting off from the heat. Guess I'll have to strip it all down again too. All in all, it was a nice lil ride.

Originally posted by AF_Bill View Post
    Since I finished installing the new cluster on my bike, replaceing the valve cover gasket, and painting the valve cover, I've been dying to ride. Its been in the 50s in MD the last few days and it was killing me (things to do w/ my woman kept me from riding). So today I told her that I needed to get out and ride.

Its a good thing I took my 650 out today too. I did find out that my valve cover is still leaking (RT rear only) so I'll have to fix that later when she cools down. And the paint I used seems to be melting off from the heat. Guess I'll have to strip it all down again too. All in all, it was a nice lil ride.
    Yikes! Paint melting off!?!

IIRC you used high heat paint correct?
    Maybe the primer was not high heat, that would do it. Or it could have had solvent still trapped in the paint.

If you can post some pics we can try and get this figured out.

As far as the valve cover leaking, meh, whatcha gonna do?
    I ended up cutting a new gasket from some karropak. It's held up fine so far. (bike hasn't had more than 150 miles put on it since then )

Comment

Working...
    X