My kid sister's first bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid sister's first bike

So I went to a swap meet today and i came across a great find.... It's not a GS, but a GZ. Found an '01 Suzuki GZ250 with 475 miles on it.... some guy got it for his wife, she got nervous and it's been sitting in their garage ever since. It's mint, fresh oil and gas and it's wash, wax, turn the key and go.... All that and my 5'0" short sis can sit on it flat footed. Offered the guy $800 and picked it up for a grand even, and he even dropped it off at her doorstep! The smile on her face when that trailer rolled up was well worth the $$$!

Wow, it's red, too!
    She'll look good on that!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Score! Looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

pictures of said sister

Comment

GREAT score, Sam.
          I did the same thing a couple years ago with a mint Honda Twinstar for my vertically challenged sister.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

the gz is a pretty solid little scoot. great for shorter folk. my wife has an '08. she has decided that she doesn't really like the forward foot controls though.

we took it on vacation last summer. i loaded it (by myself) into the minivan and we used it to tool around whatever area we were staying. all i had to do was loosen the handlebars and tip them down to fit.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I'm riding a GZ right now. My older boy got it to learn and couldn't sell it for what he wanted when he moved up. Fun little bike, but really strains to go at highway speeds. I'm wishing he had listened to me and bought a 500 to learn on, that way I would be able to use it for more than errands about town. I would suspect that if your sister likes to ride she will quickly outgrow the GZ and start looking at a GS or a Vulcan. For the price though, a good little bike.

frempath

Comment

They used the GZ250's in my MSF class. Had a lot of fun puttering around on it.

Comment

Originally posted by glstine View Post
                  They used the GZ250's in my MSF class. Had a lot of fun puttering around on it.
                  mine too, good score!

Comment

that's an excellent price for a small motorcycle!

Comment

Nice bike! Only thing I don't like about them is the plastic parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X