1st Group ride. RAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Group ride. RAR!

Went on the first group ride of the season with a bunch of buddies from work.

Leader was riding double on a BMW K1300 ?
    Yamaha R6, then me on my 83GS1100e, Silverwing, M109, VTX, and a Harley Nightester.

We did the WNC ride minus the Deals gap. Maggie Valley, Cherrokee, Sylva, 28 to Franklin , Highlands, Cashiers, Toxaway, Saphire valley, Brevard, Ceasar's Head SC, DuPont forest, then back across 276 to parkway and then to Haywood County.

RAR stand for Red A$$ Ride... I did get a little sore even with the corbin seat!

The GS held it's own against the R6 and BMW throught the twisties on 28 throough the Cullasaja Gorge! I had a blast after I got some confidence up in the curves. I did scrape twice .

I forgot my camera but did have my video camera running on a mount I made that attatches to the headlight bracket. Will post up some vids of the twisties.

Cullasaja Gorge and highway 28 are AWESOME. Very well banked curves and clean, unbroken pavement. I logged a little over 250 miles.

Not a hitch with the GS!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2010, 08:11 PM. Reason: video link

Excellent!

Sounds like you had a bucket 'o fun.
    Are the vids up yet?
    How about now?

Comment

Video of a few clips chasing the BMW K1200r and R6.

Was my first video upload to you tube. Quality sucked after downloading?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstang View Post
        Video of a few clips chasing the BMW K1200r and R6.

Was my first video upload to you tube. Quality sucked after downloading?
        Man thanks for sharing. Seeing roads like that almost makes me want to cry. Houston has to be about the crappiest place in the world for riding.........

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
          Man thanks for sharing. Seeing roads like that almost makes me want to cry. Houston has to be about the crappiest place in the world for riding.........
          Russ, any time you want to ride up this way, we'll put you up, and take you on some of the best roads in the US, bout 2 hours south of us

Comment

Working...
          X