Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who have YOU refered GSResourse forums to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who have YOU refered GSResourse forums to?

(Not sure if I'm in the right area for this. Move it if it needs to be.)

I met a guy pulling into a Burger King while I was on my bike today. He was driving an `82 GS650. We got to talking and he said this was his first bike in many years.
    I told him he should check this site out for awesome technical info as well as $ saving tips on stuff you can do yourself instead of taking it to a bike shop.
    I know I'm guaranteed a spot in heaven now.

Originally posted by Rick65Cat View Post
    (Not sure if I'm in the right area for this. Move it if it needs to be.)

I met a guy pulling into a Burger King while I was on my bike today. He was driving an `82 GS650. We got to talking and he said this was his first bike in many years.
    I told him he should check this site out for awesome technical info as well as $ saving tips on stuff you can do yourself instead of taking it to a bike shop.
    I know I'm guaranteed a spot in heaven now.
    Just tell him to avoid the OT section, otherwise you may lose your spot in heaven....

Comment

sold my 80/81 1000L, can't remember which, and sent an email with 'all' the internet links (cliffs, GS, Z1, ect...) I've met a couple GS people here and there and always share the GSresource love.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Guy was selling parts for my year/model bike but he didn't have what I needed. Told him about this place though but haven't seen if he's joined up yet or not.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

i mentioned it to a couple guys i talk to riding gs's and a couple looking for parts (never met them ones tho)

Comment

Referred a mechanical shop or two here since they had customers who rode GS's and I wanted to make sure that they were getting the right kind of GS lovin'.

Also referred(by leaving a card) a gent who had his '80? GS 850 up for sale on a sidestreet here in town. He was trying to sell it for waaay too much moola.

Comment

I've made three referrals, two have showed up.
              One to the guy I sold my 550 to (jonshrader)
              One to a guy I randomly met while he was working on his GS (chuck c)
              One to a guy in town when I saw his 650 sitting in his driveway in need of attention. I don't think he's shown up.
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

To a cute woman riding a GS550 I met at the Brooklyn Holeshot bike show. She has a boyfriend though

Comment

In last 2 -3 years I have left GSR cards on 4 or 5 GSes that I have found parked here and there. One bike I saw again a year later and talked to the rider on that occassion, who said he still had the card, and has looked at the site once.

And in addition to those 4 or 5, I have talked directly to 3 or 4 others that were at the bike and I gave them cards also (one just last weekend).

As far as I know, have not noticed that any of them has shown up here.
                  I know, ...I know, ...you might say that I should take a hint.

But then again, I would not recognize them unless they posted and specifically said something lIke:
                  Some goofy guy was following me down the street and pulled into same parking lot and gave me a card that said he was "Redman", and he wanted to talk to me about the bike, and, Man, did his wife look annoyed.

Last edited by Redman; 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have left a few cards on bikes, too, including one nice-looking 850 that is on the way to my sister-in-law's place.
                    Mrs. Steve was wondering why I pulled off into a parking lot, but understood as soon as I pointed out the bike.

Haven't heard anything from the owner of the bike, though.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                    X