A good no drama ride on my GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good no drama ride on my GS

I decided to take a trip down to Richland Center and back to see if the bike dealer was open (it wasn't, but I mostly wanted to ride ) about a 30 minute drive each way. It was fairly gusty, as most of you Southwest Wisconsin folks know today, which was a bit tiring after a while. But for once nothing really happened.

Left north on Hwy 130, and went right into some tight 40mph, high lean corners that are just past my house. Something just felt good as I managed to enter and exit each corner without having to adjust my line as I slid into the next. After about 2 miles or so of these it opens up into a long 3 mile straight-away, which is when I really felt the wind. But it gets better when you go around the first right hand turn, because up ahead, there's a series of fast, wide, and smooth S turns.

After crossing the Wisconsin River into Richland County, and passing through the small town of Lone Rock, thats when it gets much, much more boring. Just open highway where the wind was hitting me from the side.

A while later, as Richland came into view, I pulled into the dealer and realized they were closed. So I decided to go to Walmart to find some other bikes to ride with. Found a Honda Silverwing, Yamaha YZF-R1 and a few others, none of which going my direction.

So I headed back. The part that really suprised me happened back on that first long straight-away by my house. There were two oncoming SUV's about 15 seconds ahead, when the one in back pulled into my lane to pass the other one, but (for once in my life!) pulled back in because she saw me after pulling into my lane. I braked and downshifted into 5th, but as we passed, she actually waved! An SUV driver who actually admitted to having made a mistake and apologized?! Still stupid she didnt look hard enough to start with, but still.

It just struck me as odd, because I would've expected her to just punch it and try to pass anyway. Even so, it turned out to be a nice ride. The local scenery still never gets old.

Thanks for reading my boring rant

Boring is good sometimes , sounds like a nice day

Rat

Comment

MA,

Boring ride can be good too.
      Any ride that doesnt involve ambulance or police and bike returns home in same condition as when it left is a good ride. There are some types of excitment that we dont need.

Interesting story about the SUV driver.

Am still pondering the "went to Walmart to look for someone to ride with."

Last edited by Redman; 08-17-2010, 06:59 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well it was Richland Center, theres typically alot of bikes there stopping by. Normally there's a good 10 to 15 there, or more on a nicer day. I think it's just because all of the roads around there are beautiful for riding.

Comment

Originally posted by MAdams450 View Post
          Well it was Richland Center, theres typically alot of bikes there stopping by. Normally there's a good 10 to 15 there, or more on a nicer day. I think it's just because all of the roads around there are beautiful for riding.
          Ah, so not the avarage WalMart.

Speaking of boring. Went for a ride Sunday afternoon. Most exciting thing was finding a show of old (1940s, 50s, 60s?) Allis-Chalmers tractors.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X