Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon and Deb's Excellent Adventure ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Simon,

Are you flying home out of LA? If you let me know your plans, perhaps we can try to meet on your way home. Do you like Mexican food?

It looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for all the pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Have to be next time Cliff . We're already home .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi Simon,

Are you flying home out of LA?
        Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
        Uhh, BassCliff, ... he started this thread on 10/7, after getting back home and reading his notes.

Simon, maybe next time you can spend a couple of days in the Los Angeles area to meet the group of guys and gals out there.
        I think there are more in that area than you saw in ours, and you did not even meet them all here.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

We didn't try the Telapia or the catfish at Captain D's that night . Both these fish are vermin in Aus . I don't think you'd find an Aussie that would "tuck into a feed" of catfish . Must be different varieties here...
          Interesting. My wife is from Seychelles and she won't eat any fresh-water fish. Funny for an island nation where they eat fish every day. She sees fresh-water fish as "dirty". Even salmon. Oh well, more for me!

Comment

Cheers , Simon .

Drat! Missed it by thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat much.

OK, I'll keep an eye out for next time. I'm glad you're home safely.

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
              Interesting. My wife is from Seychelles and she won't eat any fresh-water fish. Funny for an island nation where they eat fish every day. She sees fresh-water fish as "dirty". Even salmon. Oh well, more for me!
              I agree with your wife .
              Barramundi is a favourite fish here . The barra caught in fresh water definately doesn't taste as "clean" as that (same species) caught from saltwater . Not a real lot of freshwater fish is sold down this way .

We're just starting to get bookings for next year . Deb wants to go to Disneyland so we'll be in LA on the way home . I've bitten the bullet(possible unpaid leave involved) and we'll be over for almost 6 weeks , mid May to the end of June , so ................................

Cheers , Simon .

Comment

So that would have you here with time to ride:
                -Brown County
                -I'm sure you'd have an invite to WV with the wings
                -SE Rally
                -WV Rally
                -One or two others I never have to to get to?
                -Coast-to-coast a few times in between and who knows what else.

I do believe I'm jealous.
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                  ... -I'm sure you'd have an invite to WV with the wings...
                  That invite has already been extended and, I believe, accepted.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Gonna wire him up?
                    Dogma
                    --
                    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                      Just curious....why not?
                      Originally posted by pete View Post
                      You know, the only answer I can give you is that here, noone eats it, and would think you were insane to do so.

That's what I got brought up with and everyone else got brought up with, but I don't know if there's a scientific reason for it...
                      I know a few anglers that eat it, particualrly if they catch it while they're camping.

I think the main reason is that we have SO MUCH fantastic fish & seafood in this country that it just gets overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                        Gonna wire him up?
                        We'll have to look into that.

Solo wiring can be done cheaply enough, but wiring for two is much nicer with helmet-mounted speakers and mics.

That's a bit of expense that might be a little too much.

sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride

Comment

Already sorted Steve . An intercom/music is one thing that would have been tre bewdy while we were in the States .
                          Bought an Autocom bizzo today . Looks like "in the pocket" rather than "on the bike" will be the go . All we'll need is a cheap radio to talk to you lot. You can tell us where to go , and we'll go there .

Cheers , Simon .

Been a bit busy , so I'll get back to the "adventure" shortly .

Comment

Been a bit busy , so I'll get back to the "adventure" shortly .
                            Oh, goody. There's more to come.

sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              Oh, goody. There's more to come.

I figured Simon had lost all the pictures taken in Detroit.

Gee - Simon. The story telling is taking almost as long as the trip itself.
                              85 1150E

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Conlan View Post
                                I figured Simon had lost all the pictures taken in Detroit.

Gee - Simon. The story telling is taking almost as long as the trip itself.
                                Yes , sorry about that . I've had a few things going on at home . I'll get on with it tonight .

Cheers , Simon .

Comment

Working...
                                X