No announcement yet.

Redman meets Greg78gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't use a realgasket on the 16 valvers, especially the 1100s (ask me how I know). What you want is an OEM gasket, not an aftermarket like a Vesrah. I went thru 2 in a row, leaking like a sieve, before I wised up and got an OEM. No problems at all after that.
    And congrats on a very nice bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
      Looks like you guys had a good time! But I was wondering where that belly pan came from.
      Ask Josh (TheCafeKid). He put that one on there. I'm not sure he didn't nab it from eBay, but he may know where it came from originally.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        You can't use a realgasket on the 16 valvers, especially the 1100s (ask me how I know). What you want is an OEM gasket, not an aftermarket like a Vesrah. I went thru 2 in a row, leaking like a sieve, before I wised up and got an OEM. No problems at all after that.
        And congrats on a very nice bike.
        He CAN use a realgasket because there's no tach drive on the ES. It's electronic. And he can also drop those 1150 cams in there hint hint since he's not worried about a tach drive either. But don't get a realgasket Greg. Buy an OEM gasket, grease it lightly, put it in. They crack in front, the cam chain slings oil like an SOB and makes an efficient mess. Just the nature of the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
          Ask Josh (TheCafeKid). He put that one on there. I'm not sure he didn't nab it from eBay, but he may know where it came from originally.
          Actually I picked that up off of Jimmy. It's a maier pan, dunno if they still make em, but search googlie. Finding spare hardware was a lucky bit though. Which reminds me Greg I have a bag of bits to send you. Spares and such. Shoot me your mailing addy again brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            The rodas pictured above are between Muskegon and Newaygo, about 10 turns on several different roads. Not a good route for getting anywhere. And pretty far north out of your way.
            Yeah, wasn't necessarily meaning them roads. Was just thinking what better person to ask about a good route out that way than a MC rider that knows the area Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Just last weekend I rode A42. Is straight shot through corn fields and dairy farms, with some up and down hill. Although lots of woods here and there right next to road. Was thinking maybe a good place for deer to step out at about dusk. But is good pavement. That Hopkins is only thing on it, and it is just a crossroads. Takes you to M40 which goes into south end of Holland.

Will PM later this evening or tommorow.

Dave
            That kinda sounds like what I am lookin for. Woods next to the road isn't a big thing. I know what you mean. I ride thru about a half mile stretch of that kinda road on my daily commute I came across three crossing the road early this week. Boy was I glad they didn't decide to turn around!! Funny story bout that too. I live on a dead end dirt road and I was comin up to the main paved road. About 500' from it a HUGE dear cut in front of me and jumped the road in front of me. He was 20' away so didn't really have to but was on a spook cuz as I looked down when he was crossing, there was also a rabbit running along side him! I told this to a friend at work and she joked that it was Bambi and Thumper lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Actually I picked that up off of Jimmy. It's a maier pan, dunno if they still make em, but search googlie. Finding spare hardware was a lucky bit though. Which reminds me Greg I have a bag of bits to send you. Spares and such. Shoot me your mailing addy again brother.
              Was the belly pan made for the GS1100ES? Or was it meant for a different bike that you modified to fit on the GS? I'll do a quick Google search .

Sorry for the hijack!

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                Was the belly pan made for the GS1100ES? Or was it meant for a different bike that you modified to fit on the GS? I'll do a quick Google search .

Sorry for the hijack!
                No it's just a universal pan. Comes with brackets that mount to te frame via u bolts and you have to fiddle around to get it where it needs to be. Also depending on how your header routes you may need to trim it in spots to get it clear of hot pipes. Overall pretty easy. Comes in black just like ya see.

Comment

yeah, i put an oem on there, solved the leak. pm to be sent presently for the bits, thanks josh!
                  chin scoop does look nice, but imo this bike looks JUST as good with the scoop and side plastics off. really hard to make an es look ugly.
                  1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                    yeah, i put an oem on there, solved the leak. pm to be sent presently for the bits, thanks josh!
                    chin scoop does look nice, but imo this bike looks JUST as good with the scoop and side plastics off. really hard to make an es look ugly.
                    If you ever want to get rid of that chin scoop, let me know! I want it .

And I have a Lockhart oil cooler complete with SS braided lines, top end oiler, and more hot rod parts to trade if you're interested .

I've hijacked the thread enough already ...

Comment

dont worry about the hijack, this thread was a little necro'ed anyway....im gonna hang on to the scoop fer now...
                      1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Working...
                      X