No announcement yet.

Faster than a Ferrari??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much like shooting slugs and snails with a BB gun, there is not a whole lot of sport to it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

This month's Motorcyclist had a fun little article in it, not terribly practical (maybe that's what makes it fun?) but along the lines of this post. The Ducati, unlike a GS, actually was in the Ferrari's league.

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
        This month's Motorcyclist had a fun little article in it, not terribly practical (maybe that's what makes it fun?) but along the lines of this post. The Ducati, unlike a GS, actually was in the Ferrari's league.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fe...lia/index.html
        Just read the article....loved it. However, the Ferrari I raced was much more evenly matched in a straight line to a GS than the 458 Italia in the article....I wouldn't dare challenge the 458.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          It was likely the Ferrari didn't race for the same reason I don't race a HD rider that thinks he is the schnitz at a light. I grin and let them go because they have no chance, zero, zip of taking the B12 on their best day.

Earl
          That's the thing though.....I'm not sure he was confident he could win. Based on his demeanor, he didn't know anything about his car....which leads me to believe he doesn't know who he can and can't beat. The whole thing was kind of a joke, but it was fun.

Some guys drive HD's for the same reason most millionaires in Southern California drive Ferrari's.....so they can look cool/fast.

Comment

What about a Lambo?

I know the feeling. I came upon a bright orange Lamborghini gallardo in the right lane. I pulled up next to him. Rev'ed the 850G and looked over at him. He sorta laughed and rev'ed back. Which by the way was A LOT louder than my bike...
            I went into first and crawled past him at ten miles an hour.This was on the NJ turnpike and traffic was horrible. lol

Thanks for sharing your story!
            PS Allie great article

Comment

Working...
            X