first near death of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom R View Post
    I almost ran over a late eighties ninja 600 (pretty sure)when he tried running into my Durango last night. As I was lazily pulling into the center lane from the left lane after passing a truck on 290 (turn signal and all) I catch a glimpse of this ninja overtaking me from the right lane and pulling into my lane on course to hit my nose. He was moving fast enough that I had to snap back into the left lane so as to not run him over. Then, farther ahead, I see this douche try to graze the nose of another car that had to hit the brakes as he completes a no signal sweep into the left lane. All this so he could catch up to his buddies. I'm assuming he was new - but a little spacial awareness would serve him well.
    Almost running him over left me with pretty much the same feeling as almost being run over - strange.
    The douches on crotchrockets are lumps with the dentists that ride harleys in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Tom R View Post
      I almost ran over a late eighties ninja 600 (pretty sure)when he tried running into my Durango last night. As I was lazily pulling into the center lane from the left lane after passing a truck on 290 (turn signal and all) I catch a glimpse of this ninja overtaking me from the right lane and pulling into my lane on course to hit my nose. He was moving fast enough that I had to snap back into the left lane so as to not run him over. Then, farther ahead, I see this douche try to graze the nose of another car that had to hit the brakes as he completes a no signal sweep into the left lane. All this so he could catch up to his buddies. I'm assuming he was new - but a little spacial awareness would serve him well.
      Almost running him over left me with pretty much the same feeling as almost being run over - strange.
      If you mean as in oh crap, I can relate to that. I was at the bank a couple of weeks ago and had started to pull out of my parking spot when suddenly a bike appeared in front of me (I pull my truck straight through). Talk about being all upset with myself for not looking clearly before hand. Had to stop and profusely apologize to him...especially since he was riding a newer GS.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

In my first week of riding this year, I was making a right turn onto a one-lane, one-way street. There was a 5 ft wide pothole courtesy of the snow storms in the middle of the turn. Didn't want to go through it. Especially not a city pothole. A car tried to cut me off as I went to the far side of the pothole to go around it. His front bumper stopped an inch from my leg. If he touched me I would have dropped the bike and let his insurance pay for it and get me a mint GS ...just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by motorcyclebaby View Post
          In my first week of riding this year, I was making a right turn onto a one-lane, one-way street. There was a 5 ft wide pothole courtesy of the snow storms in the middle of the turn. Didn't want to go through it. Especially not a city pothole. A car tried to cut me off as I went to the far side of the pothole to go around it. His front bumper stopped an inch from my leg. If he touched me I would have dropped the bike and let his insurance pay for it and get me a mint GS ...just kidding.

Haha!

I was just thinking about that today, the bluebook on my GS is much more than it's "actually" worth.
          And my insurance is very good at paying BB.

But I sure as hell don't wanna wreck it.

I treat EVERYBODY like they're out to run me over!

I even had some scumbag flick his High Beams on RIGHT in my face, because they thought I had MINE on!

Truth is, I didn't have mine on.
          My headlight is just extremely bright.

So I didn't hesitate to flip him off.....right as we passed each other.

He's lucky I didn't nail the Airhorn in his face, it probably would have caused him to wreck.

Comment

Im insured for 8000 as a "collectible" id buy a cooley and an 1150 if i ever do wreck

Comment

While I'm used to people trying to mow me over, the other night I had a new experience. Kris and I were heading to TGIF for our anniversary dinner and pulled into the lot after a newer Highlander. He jams on the brakes in front of the door so I just whip into one of the two available spots near the door. I look in my mirror as I'm about to shut everything down and he's RIGHT there backing towards us! My first reaction was to just grab a handful of throttle and let the Kerker inform him we were there. He stops, pulls back up and backs into the spot next to our then gets out muttering profanities to me! That obviously didn't go over very well and I blew up at this kid. He continued to try and blame me for him nearly running me over and if Kris hadn't been there it's entirely likey that kid would have been on his back. It's one thing to claim you didn't see me, it's another to not only blame me but cuss me after you try to park your shiney SUV on top of my fiance, my bike and I.
              -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
              DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
              -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                While I'm used to people trying to mow me over, the other night I had a new experience. Kris and I were heading to TGIF for our anniversary dinner and pulled into the lot after a newer Highlander. He jams on the brakes in front of the door so I just whip into one of the two available spots near the door. I look in my mirror as I'm about to shut everything down and he's RIGHT there backing towards us! My first reaction was to just grab a handful of throttle and let the Kerker inform him we were there. He stops, pulls back up and backs into the spot next to our then gets out muttering profanities to me! That obviously didn't go over very well and I blew up at this kid. He continued to try and blame me for him nearly running me over and if Kris hadn't been there it's entirely likey that kid would have been on his back. It's one thing to claim you didn't see me, it's another to not only blame me but cuss me after you try to park your shiney SUV on top of my fiance, my bike and I.

Bikes are not tall enough to be visible behind SUV's and pick ups. You might want to start being a bit "particular" about where you park.

Earl
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally Posted by bonanzadave
                  There's a 4 lane in Iowa ?

Glad ya squeaked by....

2 comin and 2 goin
                  __________________3 going, one coming

Comment

Working...
                  X