Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery of Injurys and X-Rays, post your own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to share this. Borrowed from a local sport bike site....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Sleep deprivation is NO joke.

I will NEVER work a nightshift longer than 6 months again!

I'm finally getting off of the nightshift after 2 years of 12 hr shifts.
      10:30pm-10:30am.

Job before that, was 15hr nightshifts!

I felt like I was going crazy at times, couldn't concentrate....stressed, you name it.

Got thrown in the ER twice for panic attacks and high BP.
      (from stress and too much caffeine)

I have perfect health, and blood work.

I dropped my bike Once cruising threw a parking lot, because I was too tired.

I can handle my car when i'm tired, never been involved in an accident in my LIFE.

But I NEVER ****ing ride on 2 wheels when I'm tired or fatigued.

I'm DONE with that!
      Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Okay my pictures are REALLY lame after the rest on here but here goes- putting up 75 yards of wire fencing with ratchet pulley blocks with a non existant ratchet hurts when it slips out of your hands and hits you in the face!! pic without the hat is taken 3 hours after, with the hat is next day and the last one is obviously the thing that did the damage, luckily I was able to set my nose myself(it's at least the 3rd time) enjoy Johnny

Comment

This is what happens when a SMALL amount of foaming (Nu-Brite) condenser coil cleaner gets into your shoe!
          It was raining that day so I didn't even feel it until it was to late. Left a nice scare...

Comment

You guys have me outclassed, 4 broken ribs (or was it 5) and a collarbone was about the most I've done at one time... So far.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              You guys have me outclassed, 4 broken ribs (or was it 5) and a collarbone was about the most I've done at one time... So far.
              Oh, I don't know about that. I'll bet it took more than a couple of aspirin for you to feel better.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                ouch....i bruised a rib and i couldnt breathe worth a darn. I couldnt imagine breaking one. Ive actually never broken a bone in my life, and i dont want to.

Comment

No x-rays or photos but I still have scarring on my left shoulder from the last real get-off on my bike over 20 years ago. Probably wouldn't show up well enough for a picture though. When I picked my wife up from work that evening she thought I had been shot in the shoulder with a shotgun. That one knocked me silly and ruined my helmet.

I had been out on one of my favorite backroads and had a car come around a corner in my lane. I had to straighten the bike up and before I could get it leaned over again I was on a narrow gravel shoulder then off onto the grass heading downhill fast. I could have probably ridden it out but ended up going over the edge of a drop off that had a 24" drain pipe coming out of it. I went over the bars and watched the bike flipping and corkscrewing over the top of me. We both ended up about 50 yards down the hill.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Ironfoot.....

I feel your pain of working 80+ hours. The last couple months is the first time in three years that I haven't been working two jobs. I was working one 40-70hrs and a second night job at Meijer as a stocker 15-40+hrs/wk to pay the bills. Used to hit rumble strips couple times going from the nite job to the day job. Do what you gotta do to keep a roof over your head I don't have any pictures at the moment but I broke my radius and ulna bones where they form the socket for the carpal bones. Had an external fixator like ironfoot. Was kinda freaky when he comes up to me with a T-handle to remove the screws FROM THE BONE in the doctors' office and no numbing of the site. The first one was kinda "stuck" and when he went to unscrew the screw from my bone my whole wrist twisted with the tool!!! That hurt!! The other three weren't so bad. I hadn't had a bike for 7+ years and bought one end of last season that I have in my sig. Well, I REALLY wanted to ride it up at Easyrider and did. No problem....charging circuit not working? Just pull the headlight fuse so the battery last longer right? NO! Didn't see a concrete barrier that I had just passed a few minutes before because it was getting dark and hit it at about 35-40mph. Dumb move!! Had a 2nd and 3rd "knee" about 4" below my right knee that was there for a week or better. Bent the left fork tube so bad full right turn to go straight. That and some scraping of the skin all I suffered LUCKILY! No helmet and just jeans and a t-shirt cuz wouldn't be riding that hard. Live and learn.

Comment

Man! The stuff on here that you guys walk away from is enough to make most people quit the sport and never look back. Gotta keep your head on a swivel. Be safe y'all. Don't forget the helmets.

Comment

well if we are inventorying broken bones why the hell not. no pictures

at 5yo i got hit by a car and broke my left clavicle

at 13, 2 broken toes on my right foot. hit by a car flew up in the air landed toes down

i got lucky here, like a few others here working long hrs with a 1yo kid at home. I had been working doing setups at various home depot stores. late hrs i was driving home at like 4pm was up for over 24hrs was fine when i left. On the last 5 miles of highway i was doing about 55/60 and i nodded off. I woke to the car jumping a curb and t-boned a girl pulling onto the highway. Totaled my first new car a 2003 Ford Escape. she was fine, i was fine except for a sore face... air bags hurt

Comment

Originally posted by refeicul View Post
                          i was fine except for a sore face... air bags hurt
                          And stink!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                            Left turner got me at 40 mph. Radial fracture in LH elbow, broken bone in RH hand, cartilage damage and tore quadriceps tendon in RH knee, severe ankle sprain, and lots of bruising (I'll spare you guys the photos of my junk).

Surgery on my knee was performed under an epidural. Two med students must have done the work (county hospital) because I remember rap music playing in the operating room...and I was so drugged up it sounded pretty good. Surreal experience.

HAhahah Rap Music in the backround....Goodnesss

Comment

Just last week, left turner no looker. Wearing all my gear doing 35. Possible fracture in my left hand, still waiting on docs. Several bruises!

Dirt bikes? LOTS of bruises and sprains, no bones...

Rock crawling, chipped left elbow when truck went over. That was probably the most painfull.

oh yea... broke my big toe also

Comment

You guys have me beat by a mile (and then some).

Broken sternum and cracked ribs in a car accident, broken clavicle and tore 2 out of 3 tendons holding my shoulder on in two separate bicycle accidents. Punched holes clean through my fingers on several occasions but no broken fingers yet. I think that would be more frustrating than the ribs. It's amazing how much we depend on our digits.

Comment

Working...
                                X