Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery of Injurys and X-Rays, post your own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got smacked by a bug once, on my hand.
    It hurt, and I peed my pants.
    Luckily it was in the middle of December, so it wasn't such a bad thing.

Probably the worst accident ever, it only damaged my ego.

Comment

guess im not alone(left turner, screw in wrist, broken collarbone). Do any of you guys notice, that when recounting the accident to other m/c riders who have not yet been injured, they kind want to change the subject? Or they get uncomfortable? It can always be worse. Met a guy who lost his leg at the hip by a hit and run, while on his bmw, they never caught the guy. But im enjoy riding too much (i like to fly too) to sit in a rocking chair and die safely.

Comment

hey buffalo bill, is that your pic or are you a troy aikman fan?

Comment

1 v8, you may handle the car when u r tired but what about what ever u run into? I find it easier to fall asleep in a car than on a bike.

Comment

Only broke my clav once…

Originally posted by snicrep5 View Post
            hey buffalo bill, is that your pic or are you a troy aikman fan?
            Aikman only busted his head about a dozen times.
            But he's not sure how many…
            Bill
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I don't have pictures it was too long ago, 1967.. Smashed left foot (MC vs car), my fault..Was amputated about two weeks after the accident because of gangrene.
              Between my knee and the rest of my leg I probably has 250 stitches, this was before staples.. My Dad used to take the stitches out for me...

Comment

You learned a new way to shift…

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                I don't have pictures it was too long ago, 1967.. Smashed left foot (MC vs car), my fault..Was amputated about two weeks after the accident because of gangrene.
                Between my knee and the rest of my leg I probably has 250 stitches, this was before staples.. My Dad used to take the stitches out for me...
                Ouch!
                Well you learned how to shift with your prosth, what is that like?
                Bill
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Here is my thumb 4 weeks after getting it caught between the chain and rear sprocket while the bike was running. Stopped the bleeding myself but went to the ER because it had clipped the bone off.
                  It was odd being awake as they ground the bone back so they could stitch it up. and the nurse looked at me like I had three heads when I turned town the painkillers right after the surgery
                  I hate knowing that I knew better. This was a $14k lesson I didn't need to learn.

I removed the last stitch myself today 29 days after surgery and have put 80 miles on my bike since 3 days ago.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    Ouch!
                    Well you learned how to shift with your prosth, what is that like?
                    Bill
                    Lynn has a heel-toe shifter. She can ride!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

September 20th 1988, two week old 1980 GS 1100, girlfriend on back truck turns left on dirt road that rarely if ever used. Going about 60 mph on a straightaway.

Leg broken in 5 places below the knee, chipped knee cap, rod inserted in tibia, skin graft from hip yet to be applied to crater below the knee.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

No pictures handy and I can't come close with X-rays. You guys with added hardware have me beat in that department.
                        2 years ago 8-18-09 a lady ran a stop sign and I t-boned her. I was driving a dune buggy (VW based kit car). Seat belt saved my life but also caused a bunch of damage. 5 hours of surgery the first time and 4 hours the second I came out of the ER MISSING pieces but no broken bones. I now have a much shorter colon and sm intestine as well as have had the experience of having a colostomy bag. 59 staples in the gut the first time, and 63 the second time all within 2 weeks. Was one heck of a diet program lost most 50# in 2 weeks. 37 days in hospital due to infections and lack of eating ability.

All is good now after 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                          September 20th 1988, two week old 1980 GS 1100, girlfriend on back truck turns left on dirt road that rarely if ever used. Going about 60 mph on a straightaway.

Leg broken in 5 places below the knee, chipped knee cap, rod inserted in tibia, skin graft from hip yet to be applied to crater below the knee.

I have a cast iron gut but dude!
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post

That was a bad day. I'll never forget "the call" from Janks.
                            I think I still have a piece of the pulser cover we found in the ditch out there.

I really don't have many pics from my various misadventures.

Comment

loss of top right index finger(dont ask). microsurgery on both knees,bike crashes. stitches in left eye and 1cm square hole in forehead(car crash,not me driving). smashed top jaw,broken nose,ripped off bottom lip,multiple tooth loss,blind for 3 days(bike accident, not my fault)
                              apart from that, and millions of wrenching cuts,grazes,bruises etc, i am perfectly human!
                              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by apopleptic View Post
                                Here is my thumb 4 weeks after getting it caught between the chain and rear sprocket while the bike was running. Stopped the bleeding myself but went to the ER because it had clipped the bone off.
                                It was odd being awake as they ground the bone back so they could stitch it up. and the nurse looked at me like I had three heads when I turned town the painkillers right after the surgery
                                I hate knowing that I knew better. This was a $14k lesson I didn't need to learn.

I removed the last stitch myself today 29 days after surgery and have put 80 miles on my bike since 3 days ago.
                                I had the same thing happen this year, except not as severe.

Me and my brother just bought a gs550 project.
                                As we lifted the rear of the bike up onto the pickup truck, my index finger got caught between the sprocket and chain and basically ALL of the weight of the bike squished my finger.

It was bleeding like a mother....I got so much blood on my brothers new bike and my dads pickup truck....

I was bleeding on and off for 1 week.

Comment

Working...
                                X