Some people are strange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are strange.

Took carbs off in late December, and cleaned/dipped them. GOt them back on a couple weeks ago and had multiple problems that have been working on (with assitance from some fine folk here on GSR). Finally got them balanced and seemily running well just the other day. (See thread in Carb/Fuel about that endever.)
    But has been unseasonalble cold, so havent gone out for a test ride.

Well, this morning was upper 30s, so time for test ride. Headed out and ran some local roads then ran up and down a state highway.
    And I saw that all is good. BUt that is not the point of this story.

After that I went out for breakfast.

After breakfast I Rode down by the river and the boardwalk.

And then rode down by the pier and the beach.

Stopped to look at the lake. Real calm today.

Look at the small fishing boats out there.
    Man, those guys must have got up early, and man, it must have been cold when they put in.
    Gee, its about 9:00 am, maybe not even 40 degrees yet, and those guys are out there.
    Man, wonder how much time and effort they must have put in to be able to go out on one of these first nice days of spring.
    Seems like they would have had better things to do, like yard work on the lawn or things around the house. But, they are spending the first nice day of spring out on a boat trying to catch some stupid fish.
    And they are all in one area, must be they so seroius about this that they know where certain fish are at certain times. Man, what fanatics.

Well, I didnt stay very long. Bike is running better now, But Now I can attend to some annoying rattle/buzz in the fairing. I think it is the right mirror - again.

Dave
    Last edited by Redman; 04-09-2011, 11:33 AM. Reason: add photo

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

I guess everyone has their passion. You will never understand the smelly fish, and they will never understand our obsession with two wheels.

Aren't you going back home to spend hours working on the bike?
    Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Yea, those fisherman are nuts. They should be riding their motorcycle in the cold instead. To each their own I suppose.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

What? No fishing pole rack on that GK?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Well at least they are not chest deep in waders in a swift moving river.
          Now theres crazy for you standing in a death trap with snow on the rive banks.

Fishing is a sport that brings out an incredible passion in people.
          Thye probaly would view driving an MC in that sort of weather as odd.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Irony noted.

Very nice pictures, Photo of the Month material. Thanks for sharing.

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

There is Serious competitive Bass fishing going on here on Kentucky Lake right now. I just found out recently that Colleges have Bass fishing teams! I knew there were clubs but this is the NCAA National Championship going on here and there are some big money rigs running around here.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                There is Serious competitive Bass fishing going on here on Kentucky Lake right now. I just found out recently that Colleges have Bass fishing teams! I knew there were clubs but this is the NCAA National Championship going on here and there are some big money rigs running around here.

Man o man send you kid to school on a Bass fishing scholarship.
                Now that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                  Hi Dave,

Irony noted.

Very nice pictures, Photo of the Month material. Thanks for sharing.

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff
                  I agree and vote for picture #3. It looks like it was taken for a magazine cover.
                  1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

Nice day for kayaking too.

Hey Dave,
                    I don't fish but I've been out there kayaking on lake Michigan in March.
                    The fishermen are after Steelhead salmon that concentrate in the river channel. The guys just put on their brown Carhartt coveralls and zone out for half a day of fishing. Good eatin' when they get home.
                    Bill
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Those pics are pretty good. If I didn't see the shadows from the bike, I would think you superimposed them on to backdrop scenery.

Comment

Working...
                      X