Carb Sync test drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Sync test drive

I just got back from a short (60 mile ) test drive after syncing the carbs with my new Carbtune. And they needed it, too. #1 was way high, 2 and 4 were both somewhat higher than #3. The only difficult part was the lock nut on #2. I wound up having to loosen the choke/throttle plate that was covering up the lock nut to be able to get a socket on it. The as-left settings were level across the board.

What a difference! It had been running pretty well (I thought) but would get a little "buzzy" above 3500 rpm. Not any more. Much smoother, both on and off the throttle. I'm starting to feel this machine is getting dialed in.
    1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Good.
    Great.
    Congratulations.

Originally posted by fishfarm View Post
    .... I wound up having to loosen the choke/throttle plate that was covering up the lock nut to be able to get a socket on it.
    I found (on recent first occassion) to remove the one screw and loosen other screw, so could swing the bracket out of way to get access to the adjusment (as you mentioned). But leave it attached on the one screw so that the choke cable would still operate.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Good on ya. Carb syncs definitely make an "L" swell.
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
      X