Pics from rallies past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics from rallies past

It has been a long rainy afternoon here so being bored I went to my photobucket account to look at old pictures. Feel free to add your own pictures but these are from Brown County 2007, my first.

Me and Adam, the Blue GS belongs to Indybob now.

Never forget this, we had been admiring it when a guy who weighed at least 400 pounds got on it and rode off. Looked pretty obscene.

Don rode up from Florida unnanounced.

Tim, Dave (RIP), and Dave from MIchigan

The best riding pic I have

And who will ever forget "the Highwaymen"

2011 edition is a month away, I'm getting excited.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Bc 2008

Brown County 2008 wasn't a great year for me. After riding 250 miles in a downpour Thursday I High sided after lunch Friday.

My gear which did its job well.

Where it happened. A 20 mph Left hander.

Me on some good drugs following treatment at the Bedford IN Medical center

The day the cast came off. Looks worse than it felt.

My bike after the crash. Brian Wringer kept it in his garage for a while then Greg (wazz) brought it to me that Summer. Thanks again guys.

$200 in parts and a days labor and it was rideable again. A lot cheaper than fixing me.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

More BC 2007

Steve PlaneCrazy

Bill Lloyd

Road IN-135 I suspect.

dpep 850G and my 1100GK (both that used to be in same garage, do not know if they recognized each other or not). Steves 1100G.

Last edited by Redman; 04-24-2011, 09:33 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dang, I am really looking forward to next month. I sure hope nothing gets in my way of coming out there.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

BC 2008
          THis year I tried to get photos of folks wioth thier bikes.

Tim twr, Tina and Greg Wazz
          (and I pause remembering Tina, .... and think of Greg)

Greg GBW and his 750.

Dave PainterDave (and I pause to remember Dave)

Victor, Victor Kolb(?)

Don dpep pondering a lost oil cap and road grime from a full day of riding in rain.

Geroge, Tim, Brian.
          Last edited by Redman; 04-24-2011, 10:17 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here are a couple of pics from my very first rally. Red River 2010

And 2 of the coolest people I know tying the knot.

I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
            1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

And more BC 2008.
              I purposly rode with Painter Daves (sigh) SightSeer Group with the idea of getting some road pictures.

And then I took off on my own for some other pictures,

and to rerun some parts of 135 a few times.

Comment

And to think, people think Indiana is flat! (Only most of it, but we know where the good parts are)

Where I've been Riding

Comment

2007 was a good year for rallies as it was also the first edition of our West Virginia get together which will happen again this July. Here are a few pics from that 2007 event.

Meet and Greet Thursday night at the Motel bar.

The impressive New River gorge bridge

Pre ride meeting, don't remember if this was Friday or Saturday morning

At our first stop at the Sandstone visitor center Friday

One of my favorite bike pics, taken on the way home Sunday morning

Last edited by marvinsc; 04-25-2011, 05:01 PM.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

That is a beautiful pic of your 850 .. was a good weekend (all things considered)

Comment

Yeah, if memory serves, that pic at Sandstone was just a couple of hours before your sidestand "incident".

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I have quite a few. It's a bit of a pIta to do from my phone so bare with me.

Here's Mikey Riddle, my knight in shining aerostich (actually the only thing shining here are his fishbelly white legs ) coming to save me after my GS1100G spit out yet another gold hub spline.

Heres Jimmy (RageZro) givin it the beans coming up through KY77 out of red river gorge at RRR08.

And me on the same bit of road

Our own "Highway Men" pic. Front to back Me, Chris Riddle, RageZro, N1Elkyfan. Mikey took the pic.

Comment

I was thinking about going to bed but after that shot of Mike's legs, I need to calm down first!

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I got lots more, and lots of funny ones too. Just takes me forever to move em around on my phone. Maybe when Rose is done with her homework I'll post a whole bunch up.

Heres Chris Riddle showing why the cabin was named what it was at RR08

The view from the deck of the cabin. The deck hung out right over the edge of red river gorge. Great sunrises werent they Scott? And watching that storm roll in the second night and the lightning dance through the gourge was neat.

Comment

Yes, that thunder echoing through the Gorge was quite impressive.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                              X