Catch and Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch and Release

I thought I would make a 50 mile or so loop today since the thunder boomers are finally taking a break. With memories of fallen brothers and a divorce looming on the horizon, I needed the thinking time on the bike. I made it about three miles from my house and met a cop. I was in a 40 MPH zone about 200' from it becoming a 50MPH zone. I watched my mirror and saw him start to turn around so I pulled over. He informed me that I had been going 53 in a 40, and discovered that my bike does not have an inspection sticker. I gave him my license, regisration, and proof of insurance and figured I was screwed (I usually get a ticket for something every 3-4 years and I am about due again). Nope, he gave me back my papers and told me to slow down and get the bike inspected. I thanked him and turned the bike around and headed for home. I guess I will stop putting off the inspection and maybe replace my worn out speedo cable (it reads about 15% slower than the actual speed). The bike is in inspectable condition and has been checked by a mechanic friend of mine, just not at the shop. Guess I will do my thinking today with my dog and a glass of iced tea.
Working...
X