Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post

Or maybe Essie was to stealthy to pick up on radar. Lol
    i hope this is true, cause she sees north of 100 on a shockingly regular basis....

greg
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
      i hope this is true, cause she sees north of 100 on a shockingly regular basis....

greg
      It's so effortless isn't it? And it's almost creepy how smooth she is at high speed. She seems to live for those moments when she can stretch her legs at full gallop. I miss her. I'm glad you're enjoying her Greg. You seemed to have that same smile I had when riding her.

But, as much as I loved that bike, Rex is everything and then some. I have to really mind the speedo on it, as 35mph is only 3500 in second gear and at 4200 in 5th she's doing 75-80mph. Ticket machine for sure.
      Still learning her little quirks, not quite as comfortable in the twisties as I was on the ES, but I'll get there before seasons end I'm sure.

Comment

yeah, 90 on the es feels like 65 on my 750. i have been TRYING to work on my self-restraint....but like you said, it is too effortless.
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

two years ago I was going downhill on a snowy day on Halloween day in Montana. The ground was covered with snow and I was going to work on my bike since I left the head lights on as usual on the Jeep. I was pulled over doing 18 in 15mph school zone. My odometer was dead on 15 but apparently not.
          This guy wasn’t all there, as he asked me if I worked for UPS. I was in full brown uniform (UPS) and my ID badge was hanging from my jacket. I could have smiled and made him happy with an apology but I just couldn’t. I told him no officer. This is my Halloween outfit; I like to ride around in snow at 7 in the morning just for the fun of it. He wrote me an $80 ticket. Sometimes you just can’t shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            My white mustashe and full gear didnt help me.

First words cop said was something about Special Enhanced Enforecment, not exactly sure what that ment.

Around here, that kind of language means that lots of cops have been told to snag anyone possible for some particular violation, and nail the violators to the wall.
            sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

I got pulled over on my gs500 once. I bombed an on ramp and was doing about 75 when i got on the xway. I wasnt beign reckless, just cautious since most traffic around here does 70-75 in a 55. But my luck had run out and i merged in front of a cop and didnt notice him. He pulled me over. When he came up to my bike, he took the key out of my ignition and pocketed it. He told me he didnt want me running of and tryign to evade him and wrecking. Apparently, a kid he pulled over a week before me crashed tryign to evade him. Thing is, the cop never gave chase. he just took off when the cop went to go back to for his car to run his record. so, after talkign about my bike and then about his tricked out r1, i got off with a warning. And the cop drove off. Well.....I didnt.....he forgot to give me my key, and i forgot he had it. He came back about 20 minutes later and gave me a bottle of water since it was 98 degrees out, and i had no shade. He was so embarrassed. Im not a dick, so i made nothing of it. i was just glad he realized it when he did, and not at shift change. he even wrote me a note and let me take a picture of him with my cell phone so i could give it to my boss, so explain why i was late. He came by my work later that day on his bike to make sure i didnt get into trouble. Nice guy. It also helps when you have family on the force (said cops LT) and your last name is very rare and recognizable.

Comment

Actually I've had good luck with the cops here in NJ.

Got pulled over for blowing threw a redlight and was doin 80 in a 55, in the Z28,.

Cop didn't even Run my License....he just wanted to check my Inspection Sticker, then let me go,.

Then I got pulled over Again for blowing a redlight on the GS.
                Took the cop like 5 minutes to catch up with me...
                He just gave me a verbal, and was smiling about it.

NJ also has a "no chase" rule here........
                And no MC inspections either...

The cops here ARE corrupt though....they're all potheads....which is exactly what they're looking for.....100% true!
                Everytime I get pulled over, they just shine their flashlight in my car, looking for weed/blunt. They don't see anything... so they just hand me my license back and walk off!!!

No joke....

Comment

Working...
                X