Jumped my 1100LT tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumped my 1100LT tonight

Yep - unexpectedly Airborne. I'll have to hand it to Chicago Streets and Sans for putting a ramp right in the middle of the road without any flashing lights, signs, cones or horses - Job well done.
    I was going about 45mph on a poorly lit stretch of Sacramento when instinct took over. Certainly no time to stop when I saw the gravel mound from curb to curb materialize out of the darkness - Just stay off the brakes, stand up on the pegs and hit it. Now I couldn't have jumped a shark or anything, but maybe a medium sized dog. Still... - Whoa!
    My header has some gravel scratches on it; but nothing too dinged up.
    -1980 GS1100 LT
    -1975 Honda cb750K
    -1972 Honda cl175
    - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Way to maintain control of the situation.

Daniel

Comment

Are you ready for the Grand Canyon?

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

With the condition of the roadways around my area, it makes you think if you should even be out there riding.

Every time I ride I have several outbursts " f***, ouch, sh** that hurt, you f****** s*** and so on.....

You can only assume that the people in charge of keeping our roads in shape don't take motorcyclists into considersation.

Comment

i know the feeling about an hour ago on my way to work took an 8 inch bump on uphill in the middle of highway with really bad rear shocks it makes a scary noise when centerstand smacks the frame on the rebound. but like you said stand up and hold on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom R View Post
            - Just stay off the brakes, stand up on the pegs and hit it.
            Stand on the pegs - that's had o do on an L. Congrats on pulling it off, and when do we get to see the video?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Stand on the pegs - that's had o do on an L. Congrats on pulling it off, and when do we get to see the video?
              No video - Anyway, I'd be afraid of what it'd reveal. In my head- 50 yds....

I have daytona bars, so getting up on the pegs wasn't quite the feat it would have been with the stock pull backs.
              Last edited by Tom R; 06-09-2011, 12:00 PM.
              -1980 GS1100 LT
              -1975 Honda cb750K
              -1972 Honda cl175
              - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

Aaaaaaannnndddd...He STICKS the landing! Bravo! Well done Evel!

Comment

Around here the rain has ruined alot of the roads. Riding in to work yesterday I had to swerve around a foot long, 6 inch deep hole in the road. At least the road crews were nice enough to paint an orange circle around it until they can patch it.

Comment

Need to change your name to Tom R Knievel. Think I would have had to push my bike home after that one.

Comment

Nice job sticking it. This could have very well went under a crash story if you hadn't been paying attention.. Roads are just as bad here. The off ramp i take on a daily basis has a nice concrete ramp in the middle. My first time taking it on a bike, ramped it...talk about an adrenaline rush. unexpected pucker moments get it going. woooooot

Comment

Working...
                      X