Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMR Sunset Ride

Hi,

Yesterday at the end of a busy weekend I found myself with a couple of hours to kill before it got dark. I decided to ride over to my friend's, Ms. SqDancerLynn1, and see if she wanted to take a quick spin around Glendora Mountain Road. Lynn's been really busy and hadn't ridden for a while. (There were cobwebs on her bike!) I helped her jump start her bike and we were on our way. Here we are at the top of Glendora Mountain Road, a place called Horse Canyon Saddle.

On the way up I was in the lead and a couple of deer jumped out in front of me and crossed the road. I was able to dodge them without too much trouble. But then as soon as I passed them, one of them decided to turn around and run right back in front of Lynn! I think they do that stuff on purpose. I also had a coyote run across the road in front of me and a couple more deer dashed across the road after we left Horse Canyon Saddle and continued on to Mt. Baldy over Glendora Ridge Road. Glendora Ridge Road is basically a single lane road so there's not much room to maneuver. Between the animals and the rock slides, the ride was quite "interesting".

Here's a shot of part of Glendora Ridge Road.

Glendora Mountain Road is about the same, but at least there are two lanes.

I did manage to scrub the "new" off of my tires. Here's a look at the chicken strips.

Actually, the road wasn't too messy, I've seen it a lot worse. I was able to scrape my boots to my heart's content. And it was good to get Lynn away from her shop and riding her bike. It's still getting chilly here in the evenings thanks to the "June gloom". So we stopped for a nice hot cup of tea at my house to warm up a little before Lynn went on home. It was a fun evening. Thanks Lynn!

So after an oil change, next week maybe, some cleaning and polishing, I'll be ready for the 6th Annual Western States GSR Rally!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Was a great getaway from work.

Comment

That road looks like a blast,thanks for the pics.

1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

Yeah,looks nice,we should do it sometimes together,Cliff....I'll be off for the next couple of weeks,would be nice to go for a ride....
        Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
        Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
        '84 Honda VFR 500
        '86 GSXR 750
        http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Hi Gabor,

Originally posted by caligs View Post
          Yeah,looks nice,we should do it sometimes together,Cliff....I'll be off for the next couple of weeks,would be nice to go for a ride....
          Well, ACH is open now as well as 39 (San Gabriel Canyon Rd.) up to Crystal Lake. How about next Friday or Saturday?

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            Hi Gabor,

Well, ACH is open now as well as 39 (San Gabriel Canyon Rd.) up to Crystal Lake. How about next Friday or Saturday?

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff
            Hi Cliff,for me Fri. would be better,maybe i can go to your place and we can check my charging system,then go for a ride...What time?
            Last edited by caligs; 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM.
            Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
            Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
            '84 Honda VFR 500
            '86 GSXR 750
            http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Excellent shot of that Glendora Mt road. Nice to have that terrain close by. Still liking those Spitfires?

Comment

Thats wonderful pictures, and your stuff is looking awesome, the Glendora Mt road is very nice, it will close the by the terrain, all the pictures are very clear to view, I like all the shots very much, thanks for sharing beautiful shots.

Comment

Working...
                X