Thanks so much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much

I want to thank everyone that has helped me SO much here. And a special thanks to BassCliff for all he does for people here. With all of your help I have succeded in fixing every problem I had with my 900 dollar craigslist bike. I now have less than a grand in it and it has no flaws except needing a seatcover and paint.

I now intend to try and help people here like I have been helped, my knowledge of the GS is not great by no means, but I will help where I can. I took my bike on a 200 mile round trip today and it performed flawlessly I like it much better with the new valve cover gasket, wiping hot oil off your boots and legs gets kinda old

Thanks again, Jerry

Glad to hear the bike is purring as it should again, now spend the rest of the summer riding, and take lots of pics along the way.
    You may want to have a look at Pit Replica for a seat cover, thier stuff is top class.

Comment

Hi,

Aw, shucks.

I didn't do nothin' but type a few words on a keyboard. You did a terrific job getting your bike together. Congratulations!

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff

Comment

Your story is my story. Pass it on.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I'm still in process of cleaning (and painting and polishing) my carbs, but the gratitude for this site and it's members is there every turn of the wrench. When I tell people I know that I am restoring this ol' bike and they ask if I know what I'm doing, I say "Nope" and grin. I tell em I got a good line on info and when they see me riding around, they'll know it too. Ty all.

Comment

Yes indeed, the best people and GS info on da net.

Comment

awesome

I started this thread to give my thanks to all the awesome people that helped me and many others. It feels good to see others who appreciate the people here too.

I rode my GS all day today, OMG, I LOVE IT When I bought this bike I just was lookin for a cheap bike to ride back and forth to work because my 4x4 is built and eats gas. I was so lucky to happen to find a awesome bike that the PO wanted to dump off because of a bad oil leak. I never thought I would like it this much or that it would have such a loyal following. And I had planned on just dealing with the oil leak since all the shops in town wanted enormous amounts of money to fix it, or would not touch it at all. Two of the shops told me it wasnt worth putting any money in.

Now thanks to you all, and less than 50 bucks in parts, I have a awesome bike that doesnt leak a drop, and that I would feel comfortable taking on any trip I want. Sorry to be so mushy, but I really do feel the GS is a awesome bike and I have owned probably 20 bikes in my lifetime.

Take care all, Jerry

Comment

Indeed. If it weren't for this site, my Suzi would be rusting under a tarp still because of my charging system frustrations.
                Mark Fisher
                sigpic
                ..............................27 years

Comment

I've got the same story. I rescued my bike from a scrap heap and love the darn thing. I hope I can help others half as much as I've gotten from here.

Comment

Working...
                  X