Said goodbye to the ole girl today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Said goodbye to the ole girl today

Well today I got to take my last ride on my 1100. I rode her about 50 miles to drop her off at her new owners house. It was a bitter sweet goodbye as she was my favorite bike. But I guess if I want to move on to bigger and better bikes I needed to let her go.

I gave the guy my GS Resources card and told him that he should join and hang with the fine folks on here. He also owns a 1980 gs850g that he said he bought new off the showroom floor. So I hope the 1100 is in good hands.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

You've accomplished three things here my friend.
    One, you're taking a step toward a new chapter in your motorcycling life (one with a Bandit probably )
    Two, you've given her a good home with another GS to play with and an owner who likes the breed
    Three, you've probably shown someone The GSR and now their original owner bike can be brought back to full glory with the help of the fine pepole here.

Good onya. Now, we got lots to do tomorrow, so don't stay up all night weeping into your pillow

Comment

I haven't yet sold a GS. I don't relish the idea. I hope when the time come I can sell to a GS lover.

The 850L is my first love. I rarely ride it anymore, but I still enjoy wringing it out. Hmmm. It might be time for a maintenance ride.

The 1000G, well, I only think about something newer when I'm not actually riding it. It doesn't need much wrenching anymore, so what do I have to complain about?
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I havent even thought about selling a bike. Last night i took thge plate off the 78 1000 C which is legal and slapped it on then Cooley and rode that for a while. I hadnt taken her out for about a month or so..I just couldnt resist.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          I havent even thought about selling a bike. Last night i took thge plate off the 78 1000 C which is legal and slapped it on then Cooley and rode that for a while. I hadnt taken her out for about a month or so..I just couldnt resist.

Is that legal in TX?

Aint gonna lie, I've thought about selling one.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Uh I gotta sell something to make room.
            V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"