Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few pics from the trip to the AMA Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few pics from the trip to the AMA Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio.

Chris (dad/member), Kris (fiance for another week/member), my brother, mum and I all went for a trip to the Mid-Ohio course for the AMA Vintage Days last weekend. Me and Kris on my GS1000, Dad on his K100 (his Cooley decided the night before was a good time to strip a filter housing stud during an oil change), my brother Colin rode his GS500 and mum drove the support/new toy hauler pick-up and trailer. The ride there was pleasant in the AM and PM but in the afternoon it got ridiculously hot and muggy after a rain shower.
    The event was amazing as usual with lots of racing, a massive swap meet and lots of great people. This was our second year and if you have never been I strongly suggest it. Maybe make it a GSR event in the future.
    The ride back was a bit cooler as we left Sunday afternoon but sadly I had to be back at work Monday so I left them all at a hotel in KY and continued on my merry way through the night. Was actually a pretty nice ride.

Here are some pics Kris took during the trip;
    Some gas station along the way there. Current temp. = OMFG..

Me sitting in an empty Ohio field. Not really, it was the parking area for cars and I'm waiting for mum to get parked.

My bike sat at the VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) all Saturday and this is her all nestled in there.

A couple of Gammas at the Kawi Triple club booth. I like to think they are just there showing the Kwaks what fast really looks like.

It's too bad Kris didn't get a shot of the mill on this KZ, beefy and boosted.

First time seeing one of these, R65LS. Ditch the funky seat and I dig it.

I'm really wanting one of these. The littlest superbike, CB400F. Man they sound amazing on the pipe. Dad used to race one in TX back in the day.

Kris gave the nod to this CB cause it was a pretty color. She hates the fact that I want a Tramp Speed Triple because they are hideous but when she saw one in a similar color she said I could get one as long as it was in that color. Great, I can get the bike she thinks is hideous so long as I get it in a color I think is hideous. Also note the crowd the GS is drawing in the background, does my heart proud.

Not your usual trike.

And finally, the new adoptee. 1975 GT185 with a massive 500 miles on it. She wanted something small enough she could scoot around town on and I wanted something 2-stroke.

We had a great weekend and are all looking forward to next year. If you aren't a member of VJMC you should sign up, the magazine alone is worth the yearly dues and at events like this you get great parking and a chance to meet awesome people. Dad and I are the 'Suzuki Guys' at the mid-Ohio booth, a sure sign we need more GS's there. Next year guys, I'll make a GSR event of it!
    Last edited by IanC; 07-31-2011, 11:43 PM.
    -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
    DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
    -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

One of these days we will get up there. While you guys were enduring the heat there, we were making our way south to the WV rally where it was just as hot... Looking forward to more pics!

Comment

It's been several years since I made it up there. I really need to get back. Too bad you didn't get any pics of the races.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I got a lot of pics of the races last year and will be posting pics of the AMA Superbike races from Barber at some point.
        -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC

Comment

Looks like a lot of nice bikes, nice to see a family that in to bikes. What is that swingarm off of ZRX ? That a great looking 1000 you have there. Thanks for sharing.
          sigpic

1979 GS1000E
          1982 GS1100GL
          2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

It's an aftermarket JMC swingarm. Thanks for the compliment!
            -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC

Comment

Working...
            X