Visiting Russ33s Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting Russ33s Children

Heres some pics from a ride today with Frank Z and his buddyn Mike down in Austin today..these are ones Frank took and i will post some also...Chuck Hahn paid us a visit w/ his beautiful '79 S model. Buddy Michael S. (whereiwanna) w/ his 1100ES and me w/ newly acquired '80 S (thanks Russell!) riding around Lake Travis --what's left of it during the drought!
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Wow! Pretty cool. Looks like a good time for all in this group.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Was one HOT day...That shade we stopped in by that funky iron artpiece was the perfect spot and the "thing" added a cool backdropp as well.
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Mine...

Comment

I'm still grinnin'...

Comment

Thought for sure that cop had my azz as i slashed trying to catch up to you Mike...I just hate when the cagers cut into a group and then F with me...slowing and speeding up.. I pretty much had enough of that douche hole BS and slapped it down gear and hit it...then saw the cop looking as i slashed past..LOL...I was checking the mirror for sa few to see if he was there!!

Comment

sniff...sniff...brings a tear to my eyes. Nice looking group of bikes there! I was honored to have gotten to own both of those bikes for a time. So glad they went to homes where they are appreciated (and still get to spend time together!).

Mike I see you took the lockharts off the ES. You like it better? You could definitely feel it I thought on windy days.

You and Frank need to find a nice secluded road and both let those big boys fly. Always wondered how the 1085 S would stack up against the 1100ES.

I'll be up in you guys' neck of the woods quite often this fall for hunting season (we have a lease in johnson city) so I'll bring the '78 up and we can have some fun.

Comment

Hey Russ,

Your old Cooley has some oomph to it that's for sure! I took it for a ride recently and was quite impressed. We haven't had a drag off yet. Frank is crazier than me but I think the ES will hold its own . I found the Cooley smoother in the corners than my ES as well.

BTW, I just got back from the NHRA races out at Infineon (Sear's Point). Talk about fast motorcycles. Did you know Hector Arana, Sr. recently set a world speed record in Pro Stock of 6.77s on a new Kosman frame and chassis with our latest generation of bodywork? Very exciting!

I hear a bunch of us going to descend on Luckenbach for the Harvest Classic! Be quite cool to see a big representation of GSers there! And be even nicer if it was actually cool (temperature that is!).

Cheers,

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by whereiwannabe View Post
                  Hey Russ,

Your old Cooley has some oomph to it that's for sure! I took it for a ride recently and was quite impressed. We haven't had a drag off yet. Frank is crazier than me but I think the ES will hold its own . I found the Cooley smoother in the corners than my ES as well.

BTW, I just got back from the NHRA races out at Infineon (Sear's Point). Talk about fast motorcycles. Did you know Hector Arana, Sr. recently set a world speed record in Pro Stock of 6.77s on a new Kosman frame and chassis with our latest generation of bodywork? Very exciting!

I hear a bunch of us going to descend on Luckenbach for the Harvest Classic! Be quite cool to see a big representation of GSers there! And be even nicer if it was actually cool (temperature that is!).

Cheers,

Mike
                  You should have felt it with the 34mm flatslides Mike! The CV's were the better choice for Frank though I think. Definitely smoother.

Can't wait to for the Harvest Classic. Should be a lot of fun. Congrats on the speed record!

Comment

As far as the Lockhart lower fairings, I guess I just like the aesthetics better w/out, plus in this TX heat it's probably easier on the engine.

I can't decide to put them up for sale or just hold on to them as a collectible. What do you think? Any idea what they are worth?

Comment

Originally posted by whereiwannabe View Post
                      As far as the Lockhart lower fairings, I guess I just like the aesthetics better w/out, plus in this TX heat it's probably easier on the engine.

I can't decide to put them up for sale or just hold on to them as a collectible. What do you think? Any idea what they are worth?
                      Well, I know that the guy I bought the bike from had had it on ebay (that's where I saw it). He said while the bike was listed he was contacted by a guy who just wanted the fairing and offered $1K! Don't know if it would bring that now but it is one rare piece.

Comment

Mike...keep them. Youll be glad you did in the long run...trust us.

Comment

Hi,

It looks like you had a nice, hot ride. You guys have some great looking bikes too. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad the cop decided not to pursue.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Me too Cliff..Me too!! I was probably pulling around 70ish in a 45

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                              sniff...sniff...brings a tear to my eyes. Nice looking group of bikes there! I was honored to have gotten to own both of those bikes for a time. So glad they went to homes where they are appreciated (and still get to spend time together!).

Mike I see you took the lockharts off the ES. You like it better? You could definitely feel it I thought on windy days.

You and Frank need to find a nice secluded road and both let those big boys fly. Always wondered how the 1085 S would stack up against the 1100ES.

I'll be up in you guys' neck of the woods quite often this fall for hunting season (we have a lease in johnson city) so I'll bring the '78 up and we can have some fun.
                              Let's see. Liter bikes, guns, and illegal racing... count me in!

As far as a showdown between your ex-GS's, Russ, I'll sponsor Chuck H. on the 1085. --Sponsorship package includes BBQ, gas, and black coffee... but driver has to replace the tires.-- Whaddya say Chuck?!
                              '80 GS1000ST
                              '92 ZX-11
                              Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X