No announcement yet.

Travel Tales from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I'll be back as it seems my daughter will be there for quite a few more years. Next time maybe fly into Dublin, avoid the emergency landing and go directly to the Ulster Grand prix,then the Northern Highlands, and back down toward London or maybe Wales. We'll see.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

You know it makes sense!!

Charlie, You know roughly when the races are(I'll update you when the season dates are announced).If you fly into Dublin you have 2 choices,either I will come get you, or you can get a bus from the airport to Belfast which costs around £18 then the station you get off in look for the bus to derry which stops about 3 miles from our house(the Castledawson roundabout) and costs around £7.50 or I can come to Belfast and collect you there,the choice is yours.Just let me know, as you should be well aware you always have a bed here and are welcome, sodas are quick to make and freya thinks you are Scott Gorham.Just do a reverse rain dance this time-oh and I'll take you around the circuits again.Johnny

Comment

Absolutely terrific post Charlie! I greatly appreciated the natural landscapes and the stunning contrast of old and modern architecture in your pictures. Any possibility you'd consider renting a bike on later trips?

Brad bk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
          Charlie, You know roughly when the races are(I'll update you when the season dates are announced).If you fly into Dublin you have 2 choices,either I will come get you, or you can get a bus from the airport to Belfast which costs around £18 then the station you get off in look for the bus to derry which stops about 3 miles from our house(the Castledawson roundabout) and costs around £7.50 or I can come to Belfast and collect you there,the choice is yours.Just let me know, as you should be well aware you always have a bed here and are welcome, sodas are quick to make and freya thinks you are Scott Gorham.Just do a reverse rain dance this time-oh and I'll take you around the circuits again.Johnny
          I better practice my guitar then, don't want to dissapoint the young lady. Does she know I now play folk and trad music now? Gave up rock in roll. We'll see how it works out next. Thanks for the continued welcome. I was wondering where you were.

cg

Originally posted by bradleymaynar View Post
          Absolutely terrific post Charlie! I greatly appreciated the natural landscapes and the stunning contrast of old and modern architecture in your pictures. Any possibility you'd consider renting a bike on later trips?

Brad bk
          I would rent a bike next time. A car was about 40% of the cost of a bike. There are alot of places that hire bikes, but I don't know if I would be able to get a bike in one town and return it to another. Bringing riding, helmet and maybe a tent can get bulky to bring over on the plane. Some of the hire places provided gear at extra cost. Next time I do a bit more research and actually call some of the rental (hire) places about bikes. I had alot of fun sharing. I wish I had spent a bit more leasure time while comming back to London.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Oh I'm never too far away!,just been a bit busy.I had to remove some poisionous weeds from the biggest of the fields which is about 4 acres(by hand), then make hinges and a catcher for the gate I showed you,fix the exhaust on the car by making and fitting a patch that wrapped around one of the silencer boxes,put a new chimney onto the stove in the kitchen you know just the usual stuff you have to do ha ha ha.You should never give up on rock n roll-just keep in your mind your parents shouting up the stairs "turn that goddam sh*t down"!!,she kinda likes Christy Moore but I don't think that means you have to shave your head and put on 80 pounds.Its been a long time since I was in London probably over 30 years, but I really should go back sometime seeing as I was born there(maybe it explains how I am as the hospital was built on the place where witches and heretics were burnt at the stake).enjoy your memories and see you here again soon.Johnny

Comment

UK April 2014

Hope you don't mind Charlie, but thought I'd post this here. Outside of my current work contract.

That's covered in these

Mr Blue Sky
              Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                I
                I would rent a bike next time.
                cg
                someone should invent an app for this!! ... some kind of helmet alert for when you're on the wrong side of the road!! even easier on a bike w/out the steering wheel for reference. yikes

Comment

Oh ya sure , Hijack my thread! Any time. It's nice to see good memories revived. I take it that this is your work place("my current work contract")? The real question is what kind of tree is it? I wager apple maybe?

Originally posted by JAG View Post
                  Hope you don't mind Charlie, but thought I'd post this here. Outside of my current work contract.

That's covered in these

Mr Blue Sky
                  Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                  someone should invent an app for this!! ... some kind of helmet alert for when you're on the wrong side of the road!! even easier on a bike w/out the steering wheel for reference. yikes
                  The lack of reference (steering wheel)was a concern of mine. On the other hand you are a smaller target
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

The lack of reference (steering wheel)was a concern of mine. On the other hand you are a smaller target
                    Not too much drama in the cities ... just go with the flow. It's that beautiful countryside and minimal traffic that can result in 'spacing out'. Riding with and behind a local would be my tact. Pls be very careful. Not trying to be a wet blanket.
                    jmho

Comment

Subscribed...nice pics on page 1.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Oh ya sure , Hijack my thread! Any time. It's nice to see good memories revived. I take it that this is your work place("my current work contract")? The real question is what kind of tree is it? I wager apple maybe?
                        It's too early for apple blossom here Charlie - and I'm in the warm and sunny (?) south; another 3-4 weeks if the weather stays warm. It looks like one of the thorns to me (crataegus spp) but which one I don't know (the nurseries have hundreds of varieties).
                        79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer
                        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Type of tree? Its a pretty tree :-)

Comment

Looks like I'm pond hopping again the last two weeks in July. Some plans are made. A road race the 25 in Armoy N.I., a hike over several days in the Lake district, and a day trip to G-ham in Kent. SW London will be our base camp. Anyone want to meet up, share a cuppa something and tell lies?

CG
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g

Comment

I am so f@#$ing jealous. Have a great trip Charlie.......
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

If you get up County Durham way Charlie, give me a shout. Self employed now, so have a good boss and can take time off at short notice !. If you are heading for the Lake District might be able to meet up somewhere there, not far from here really. I`ll pm some contact info just in case.
                                "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
                                1978 GS750
                                1979 GS750 chop
                                1979 GS550
                                2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
                                2000 Enfield Bullet 500
                                1992 XV750 Virago
                                2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Working...
                                X