Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some stranger "moved" my bike.....what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HatchA74 View Post
    Most of the comments have been regarding "no harm, no foul" and for the most part, I agree with that (my original comment about heavy chain was in jest).

BUT... All of you who commented seem to have forgotten this bit...

Now, to my mind, it would take a little more than a few seconds to approach your bike, see it's "penned in" and decide to clear a path for your grand exit...

In the time it took him to decide to move the GS, physically get astride the thing, move it out the way and "park it up", surely the other three bike owners would've got on their bikes and moved off in some manner.

If that's the case, the Harley owner coulda just angled his front wheel by using that handy thing called the "handle bars" and just driven around the GS, right?

Unless the Harley owner doesn't know what those bar thingies are for and just goes in straight lines, leaning to one side or the other to go around corners/bends...?

Maybe the other three bike owners were his friends/posse and they helped him dump the GS out of the way...?

Then again... Maybe there was a gravitational paradoxical irregularity that occurred in those few precious minutes and, as the world rotated on it's axis, gravity surrounding those few square metres of ground simply "failed", resulting in the other four bikes being carried off towards space but the sheer weighty coolness of the GS meant that the "anti-gravity effect" was only sufficient to raise the bike a couple of inches off the ground, then rest it back onto the ground in a different spot due to the planet having rotated that distance beneath the floating bike...

Jus' sayin'.
    Hahaha wow you just blew my friggin mind....

But I think I've come to the conclusion that he was just too afraid of turning Japanese if he touched my bike any longer...so that's why he didn't move it back.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
      When I'm out and about in places I don't know, it is rare that I will park my bike anyplace that I will not be in constant sight of it.

Earl
      I thought I was the only one. I don't feel quite as paranoid/obsessive now.
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
        Next time chose a different parking spot and there will be no problem !!!!!!
        My thoughts exactly.

I have never owned a bike that hasn't fallen over on me so I make sure that I have room around me for that reason. Sandy, John, Charlie G, Carter Turk and Rich can attest to that. But that's my reason, it has been a habit for a lot of years now.

Personaly, parking tooooo close to a Harley can cause your Suzuki to start leaking.
        V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

if I'm ever witnessed getting riled up about anyone touching either of my near 30yr old 'buckets of bolts' .... someone please put me out of my MISERY!

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
            Personaly, parking tooooo close to a Harley can cause your Suzuki to start leaking.
            V
            If thats the case wouldnt it work the other way around as well?
            My Harley dont leak but my Suzuki does.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Thats probably cuz you ride the Zook and not the Harley??
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

The day will come as you drive by or are there that youll see the bike. I mean its a Harley so it will frequent shops quite a bit. Then you can enquire as to who owns this here bike and remind him of the biker etiqette of you dont even touch anyones bike unless you ask or are invited to. I had a buddy that died in his sleep and he had a bandanna tied in a loop with a padlock on it. He told me it was his educator in case he ever caught anyone screwing with his bike. A few swats across the skull and they would be educated.
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  Thats probably cuz you ride the Zook and not the Harley??
                  So riding em makes em leak?
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

Comment

LMAO...No it makes things wear out which then will leak. You must ride the Zook more than the Harley.. eventually they all will leak somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                      LMAO...No it makes things wear out which then will leak. You must ride the Zook more than the Harley.. eventually they all will leak somewhere.

Oh so riding em puts ware on the gasket area?
                      sigpic

82 GS850
                      78 GS1000
                      04 HD Fatboy

Comment

Keep it up Todd and I will report you to admin for "baiting" a member into an arguement..HA HA...too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                          So riding em makes em leak?
                          No, cantankerous, non conformist oil getting out makes'em leak.

All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Cover gaskets dont usually leak but orings and other gaskets that have shafts for the shifters and drive shaft components do wear out from use. So i guess the short answer is Yes, driving them does make them leak ....eventually.

Comment

My 750 leaks like crazy, so I hope the guy got diesel oil all over his precious HD pants!

Comment

I say get over it and move on. I had ridden my bike to my son's school once and parked in the lot and went in for some program that was going on. Afterwards, I came out and found the bike right where I left it, nice and tidy. I started getting my gear on when this lady across the street starts coming over towards me. She came over and told me that somebody had bumped into my bike with their pickup truck as they were leaving, actually lifting the bike up a bit (it was on the center stand), moving it a couple inches to the side, setting it back down. She said he never stopped and got out to see if he damaged it. He just left. I was furious! Of course, I checked the thing all over, but found absolutely no damage anywhere. Lucky I guess. I thanked the lady for letting me know. She just shook her head and said, "Some people are just idiots". So, after cooling off for a couple minutes, I got on and went home. Of course, I had no idea who did it, so there was no way to pursue it. But the moral of the story, is to just let it go and move on. I also learned a valuable lessen that you never park out in the middle of a parking lot where things can happen.
                                Current Bikes:
                                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                                X