Miss my bike already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss my bike already

I put my bike up early to get a head start on things that need work yet. Namely brakes. I pushed my luck riding the summer without rebuilding the brakes, so I figured I'd cut short my season and get these things done before it gets too cold to work out in the shed. There's lots to do yet and with my tight budget I figured time would a good thing to take advantage of. The down side as all of you know is having to drive 4 wheels again. Ugh. Sucks.

I say good on you for shutting it down for the season! Be thankful you'll have a bike with properly functioning brakes when Spring arrives. I spent an entire summer without a bike after an accident sidelined me and left me bikeless. Use the off season to work on as much as you can afford and spend the cold winter nights watching Knight Rider vids on youtube.

Brad bk

Comment

I know the feeling.

I got a late start this season, didn't even get a few hundred miles yet!

1.) gs750

-needs brake lines
      -MC and caliper rebuild kits
      -front tire to be installed
      -valves need to be checked
      -needs chain and sprockets

2.) gs650
      -Cam tensioner rebuild
      -carb sync
      -coil wires and caps needa be installed
      -coil relay mod needs to be done

3.)gs550
      -engine is sitting on a table right now
      -needs piston rings and collars.
      -motor needs to be flushed out to get piston chunks out of the crank case
      -needs clutch springs
      -entire bike needs to be reassembled.

Comment

Agreed. It's been almost three weeks since I last rode my bike. Between school occupying all my time and now a broken exhaust bolt to fix he's gonna think i don't love him anymore.

However I plan on mending the bolt tomorrow afternoon and immediately after taking the bike for a nice ride. I am excited to say the least.

Comment

Working...
        X