Mild ride--just random musings about the GR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mild ride--just random musings about the GR

It was unseasonably warm here today, so after lunch I took the lining out of my mesh jacket, geared up and took the old GR650 out for a mild ride today.

I mostly just cruised around town today--checked out one of the local parks with a new ampitheater and visited one of the short twisty bits of road in the area. The road was one of my favorites when I had my Radian and I really enjoy it in my Miata.

Was in a pretty mellow mood and I am still getting to know this bike. Only been really rideable for a week or so after a summer of work. I think I hit 60 once, but this ride was really good.

The GR is pretty light under you and it feels pretty tossable. It responds quickly and easily to countersteering inputs. The ride position is a little bit more roomy than the Radian, but I won't be surprised to find myself messing about with the foam. Found myself bumping against the step in the seat a couple of times and I'd like a flatter seat.

Not crazy about the mirrors. Can't get them adjusted in a place I like, so fussed with them more than I like to do.

Still have to try the other brake disc I have. The one I put on pulsates at least as bad as the original. Would have changed it today, but need to get one of the black plastic hub covers. There are three sets of plastic tabs on the back of the hub, but only one set remains on mine, so the hub comes loose. Figured I'd just get the hub and replace it when I take the wheel off to mess with the disc.

Still, even with all that...it was really good to ride again. Couldn't find my camera or you'd have a few "on location" pics to deal with. Maybe next time.

Congrats on finally enjoying the fruits of all that labor! Making friends with your bike now
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
      Congrats on finally enjoying the fruits of all that labor! Making friends with your bike now
      +1! Nice to jump on and see you're getting out and about just because you can now rather than because you need to check something, that's gotta feel good
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
      X