Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss....

Scotty:
    I'm sorry for your loss...Such a thing really strikes us all hard within our community here. Perhaps we may never know the truth of what happened.
    One day for sure you may note a particular smile, laugh or look on someones face..and hopefully it will put a smile on your face reminding you of your departed friend Wally.
    Rick..........

Comment

Re: Loss....

Originally posted by Richard Ellis
      Scotty:
      I'm sorry for your loss...Such a thing really strikes us all hard within our community here. Perhaps we may never know the truth of what happened.
      One day for sure you may note a particular smile, laugh or look on someones face..and hopefully it will put a smile on your face reminding you of your departed friend Wally.
      Rick..........
      thats a nice thought Rick. let me confess a bit now. Wally was a royal pain but the kind you had to love. he was an honest and moral man. His life was full of trouble and i almost am glad he is at peace now. Yes i do miss the guy. He had a Mercury marauder whic he loved to show off. Wally didnt know what a real fast bike was like and used to bring his friends around just to have me start the motor on my 1100e.
      Once while we were out on our bikes , I wacked the throttle from a stop light but never went over 6 grand and he thought my machine was the fastest thing on two wheels. I didnt have the heart to tell him that the bike he worshiped ((kawa voyager 12)) was a touring bike not a hot rod. But Wally was a good soul and i am just starting to miss him now.
      He came to visit me even if he didnt
      need a favor. Thats rare after folks find out you can fix things.
      Thanks for the uplift Rick.

Comment

Boy that sucks, I'm Sorry for your loss Scotty

Comment

sorry scotty,................................. I know as most of do its tough to lose a friend, especially doing somthing we all love to do. Hang in there buddy

Comment

It's never easy to see pictures like that, and I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and a fellow rider. I know I will be minding my p's and q's. Now if only someone would tell folks in 4 wheeled vehicles to mind theirs around us.

Comment

Scotty, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He sounds like he was a pretty decent guy.

Obviously, we can't get his side of the story, but fog is always dangerous when you are on a bike.

Most drivers don't want to see you in bright sunlight, but in fog, you can literally be invisible. I seldom ride in fog, and try to avoid being near anything on the road if I do, even other bikes.
              "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Scotty, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Both his family and you will be in our hearts and prayers.
                I lost a very dear friend in a motorcycle crash almost 10 years ago, and still think about him. Friends may go, but the good memories will last a lifetime.
                One day we'll all meet up again, with all our friends that have gone before us.
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

with some of the recent events on our website, i have been thinking of Wally again. I guess i just have a case of the blues because i had to leave Pensylvania and come back to florida.

in a month or so bigdaddy and i want tomake a run up I-95. Me on the Kawa and he on his wing. I am getting stupid thoughts about something happening to my old friend bigdaddy/Gerry.
                  He wants to visit folks in new york and i will stop in pensylvania again.

I'm just thinking out loud to my GS friends. All of you are important to me. Even the rednecks or maybe especially them

Comment

The door is always open here my friend.

Comment

Sorry for the loss Scotty. Like you said, maybe he can have some peace now. Doesn't make it any easier I know.

Take care friend
                      Michael

Comment

Scotty,

I have a number of friends that I have lost over the years and I don't think they're ever really gone. As long as we remember them they live on in the minds and hearts of the people who knew and loved them.

I have had several friends die in the past couple of years. I went on the Hill Country ride and took the following week off to see some friends that I hadn't seen since 1968. We shared a lot of things over the years and remembered a lot of people who aren't around now.

I actually got to thinking about old friends because of one of the deaths and then really felt bad about all of the friends that I had just given up just because of time and distance. I think in some ways this is even sadder than the ones we loose to death.

I hooked up with three friends from my high school days and I think we'll stay hooked up for a while anyway.

Mike

Comment

thanks guys i needed that.
                          today i got a special phone call that totally revived my spirits . It was from someone i should have been calling. I guess i was getting selfish .

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                            thanks guys i needed that.
                            today i got a special phone call that totally revived my spirits . It was from someone i should have been calling. I guess i was getting selfish .
                            glad to hear that

Comment

I'm so sorry for what happened. It's good that you keep this tragedy at the front of your mind when you ride. It just keeps you that much more aware. It can happen to any of us, and the only thing to do is be vigilant when we ride.

If you fall off the horse, get back on it. Don't let it get you down.

Brad tt

Comment

Working...
                              X