Christmas Day ride in the not so frozen 'nort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Day ride in the not so frozen 'nort

I just had to ride on Christmas Day, it was over 40*F, and it's not often up here in the mostly frozen 'nort that I can ride my motorcycle on Christmas Day. I was trying out my new video camera, so bear with the poor quality please. This is a short clip up to my first stop for the riding game thread. I'm going to post the whole 35 minutes later when I get it downloaded to Photobucket. I was having trouble with UTube so I'm doing Photobucket.
    It was a fun ride, short, but fun of course.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This short cut takes you to an 8 min clip.

Dan,

Thanks for posting.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

So thats what "up-nort" looks like .

Does yer new camera have a stabilization setting ? I was getting a bit nauseous with the jitters. Try mounting it to your body. It will dampen the bumps. Heres mine with a cheap $80 camera ducked taped to my helmet...

Took a quick ride to the lake on a beautiful Nov 12th day in MN. The Motorcycle is a 1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks a nice ride, very little traffic and beautiful country. I also like the way your camera's frame moves at different rates in different areas. I looks like the clouds are dancing above you when you ride.

The vibrations on my handlebars do weird things to my camera when I mount it there. The image sensor doesn't know how to handle the image with all the vibration. It seems to be worse when I turn on image stabilization.

Thanks for sharing!

It's been in the 70s here and I haven't ridden for almost a week. I think I'll get out tomorrow.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Man I got cold just watching that...thanks for posting, enjoyed.

Comment

Sure looks like a fun ride Dan! I can't believe how warm it's been for this time of year. I was in the Brainerd area over Christmas and we normally go ice fishing and snowmobiling but with no snow and thin ice that didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              So thats what "up-nort" looks like .

Does yer new camera have a stabilization setting ? I was getting a bit nauseous with the jitters. Try mounting it to your body. It will dampen the bumps. Heres mine with a cheap $80 camera ducked taped to my helmet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9fvC1459IM
              No, my very cheap ($20) camera doesn't have any of those features. Besides, I did a quick mount job, I've got a very small tripod that I carry with me, and it comes with an extendable arm for self portraits. I bungeed that to my fairing (look at my riding game tag for the rental center). I'm going to make a proper mount later.

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi Dan,

Thanks a nice ride, very little traffic and beautiful country. I also like the way your camera's frame moves at different rates in different areas. I looks like the clouds are dancing above you when you ride.

The vibrations on my handlebars do weird things to my camera when I mount it there. The image sensor doesn't know how to handle the image with all the vibration. It seems to be worse when I turn on image stabilization.

Thanks for sharing!

It's been in the 70s here and I haven't ridden for almost a week. I think I'll get out tomorrow.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
              Ride, Cliff, Ride! I'm posting another 2 short clips today of a twistier part and my ride home. My 'puter, photobucket and probably the software for this camera are at odds and I'm trying to make them all work together better.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

One of these days I'll remember how to do an embedded video shortcut.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2011, 03:13 PM. Reason: shortcut for ride clips

Comment

Hi Dan,
                Thanks for sharing - nice Christmas Day ride. Don't get to say that too often.
                Scott
                1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Scott. It doesn't look I'll be riding anytime soon now, I plowed snow in my driveway today.

Comment

Working...
                  X