X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first ride since...

Pics from today.

Have not ridden since October...

Finally got her put back together! Since I rebuilt the carbs, dynojet stage III , coil relay mod, valves, Ape pods,... lots of other maintenance bits and pieces...

Today we finally got the weather for a real test ride. .. Wow ... just Wow!

Looked at the speedo shifting into third, 60mph. .. grinning like a monkey eating cheesecake.

Still need to do some tuning , she rumbles pretty good on decel , but wot is AMAZING, idle is smooth and clean. Dang that was fun!
    Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2012, 01:34 AM.

Great news!!!
    How has the job been working out?

Daniel

Comment

Job has been going well, pay is good, a little more stress than I am used to... lots of paperwork... I'm a locksmith, not much into paper pushin.

Comment

Like the red accents, looks good with the black valve cover caps. Glad to hear the hard work is paying off.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

The valve cover caps are actually the same color as the tank and other parts. Duplicolor green to purple color change chameleon with several coats of high gloss urethane.

Comment

Arrgh ... went to start the bike today. .. dead battery. Hey, at least I know what's wrong. I have gone through the wiring harness and cleaned up or replaced all the connections, replaced the RR, and battery. .. I did test the stator way back in Oct. Got some funny reads, but figured it was wire connectors, so I did all the connectors and contact work, added new grounds for the battery, block, and fuse panel. Thought that had fixed it, but had not re tested. .. well, by process of elimination, looks like I'll be putting the stator from my parts bike in before I ride again. Thank goodness I have a spare!

Comment

Working...
            X