Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

here comes a rally car...oh wait its a bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here comes a rally car...oh wait its a bike!

so low an behold it was 80 outside...i had a set of trashed stock mismatched exaust...so i cut them to make straight pipes...

i was like wow this sounds neat...but once i had my helmet on and down the road, i swear i was riding a subaru rally car...

so for those of you wondering how a gs850 sounds with a straight pipe...there ya go...

(only ran bike for 3 miles maybe)

but im going back to stock exaust tommorow lol

and omg i lost lots of power it seems to

Not so much with the sound.

Comment

Sure you lost power. You leaned it out and should rejet. Better still, just go back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        Sure you lost power. You leaned it out and should rejet. Better still, just go back to stock.
        i know...i was just curious if i wanted to get the jet kit just for a pipe..but i think stock sounds better

Comment

I believe most on this board prefer stock "noise". I personally like an exhaust to have a little "authority" without becoming obnoxious.
          Kerker 4/1,Mustang V-8 type of exhaust notes.

1978 GS1000C
          1979 GS1000E
          1980 GS1000E
          2004 Roadstar

Comment

I like em both, just depends on my mood.
            Riding is about enjoying what you have, some like it loud and some like it soft.

Now if your chopping your pipes in half JUST to be cool, that is obnoxious to me.

Comment

I like my Kerker on my GPz. I had to pack it to make it sound good without being obnoxious, but it has a good tone.

Comment

There's no net kit for that bike. But fortunately the old mechanical carbs are pretty easy to dial in by hand if you know what you're doing. The vacuum carbs cannot be jetted by hand and require different needles (ie jetkit) to work with pods.

Many people assume that hacking off the exhaust will let the bike "breathe" better. That is farce. It will make the bike run worse, and mid range power will suffer. The stock exhaust systems actually flow really well, they're just heavy as a boat anchor. The major benefit with a 4-1 pipe in most instances is weight savings. Hacking off the stock system really only makes noise...

Comment

Working...
                X