Not so much a story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so much a story

but rather a short couple clips that I imagine most of us can relate to at one time or another.

Over the weekend I did the 530 conversion, and what should have been a quick job turned out to be quite an affair and I have video to prove it. Just a word of warning: LOTS of swearing involved, so turn the volume down or avoid it if you need to. http://youtu.be/H1jzKtHCJvU

Just remember we are laughing "with" you not "at" you.
    I figured the flat on the car was going to produce a head explosion straight out of Scanners.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry though, I had to laugh both with and at you, some funny stuff. I buy a lot of HF tools also due to cost, some crap, some actually good, and as far as the impact screw driver, works fine for me and several other members, although I do now have to buy new bits for it as they've all shattered on some really tough ones, solution...replace everything with stainless allen sockets!

Comment

"You don't want anybody to steal yer doughnut"

Last edited by Notz; 05-15-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

If you laughed, good! Looking back I can't help but laugh too.

Cheap tools exist to fill a void for those of us in a pinch, and I'm sure somewhere down the line I'll end up needing to get something cheap again. But God help me, if I can swing it, I'ma gettin the good stuff! :P

Comment

That had me rolling out of my chair. Funny as Hell! I have been there for exactly those same reasons and with crap tools. I think we had the same commentary at the time also. ehehehe I don't buy cheap tools anymore because I don't have the tolerance for the frustration they cause. heheh I've also learned to sit down and take everything apart in my head in the same sequence I would if doing the job. I may spend an hour researching and thinking through a job before doing it. It saves me time, money and frustration in the long run and the job still gets done quicker than if I had just jumped on it without a plan.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

That was excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That was great...BTW, when your cleaning all the tar and crap out from the sprocket cover, thats the cleanest whitest T-shirt I have ever seen worn by someone working on a bike!!!
                If I wore a white T-shirt to so much as change a spark plug, I would come out looking like I fell in a puddle of grease.

Comment

So true. I know 3 people other than myself with that same impact driver and theres maybe 1 bit left intact. They look like they're made of cast zinc.
                  After a few years of GS-wrenching I know to spray everything down with PB-Blaster and then once it's out it get's REPLACED with a metric allen-head socket head cap screw.
                  Thanks for the vid.

Comment

Sorry, but you are seriously disturbed...... but aptly named I especially enjoyed the veins popping out in your neck. Nice touch !

Like many others, I have had more than my share of those kinds of days and at your age I reacted the same way. Now that I'm a coronary disease ridden old fart, I have learned to "zen" out over such situations.........yeah right, but instead of going balistic for half a day, I limit my tirade to 5 minutes and a maximum of 5 bad words. I would recommend that if you want to make it to a ripe old age

Thanks for sharing the great Jack Nicholson impression. It was very entertaining. Your academy award is in the mail.

cheers,
                    Spyug

Comment

Working...
                    X