GS's and Graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS's and Graduation

I'm pretty excited guys. I get to ride my motorcycle to my graduation for my associates degree. I'm pretty excited about this because as a kid I had a friend who was always kind of a pessimist. As a kid I would talk about who I wanted to be with motorcycles and tattoos and going to college so I could own my own bookstore. She would always say I couldn't do those things. Well here I am at 19 with an awesome motorcycle, two tattoos with more planned and an associates degree with plans on going to University of Washington in the fall and after that it's time to pursue my bookstore dreams. And some of my motivation came from her telling me I couldn't! Look at me now, Hannah!

Originally posted by DevanJones View Post
    I'm pretty excited about this because as a kid I had a friend who was always kind of a pessimist. As a kid I would talk about who I wanted to be with motorcycles and tattoos and going to college so I could own my own bookstore. She would always say I couldn't do those things.

And some of my motivation came from her telling me I couldn't!
    Who the Hell are these people who can't let you do anything?
    Drunken idiot I worked for in the Navy said I can't fly, did everything he could to block it. What an ass hole.

Congrats on the big accomplishments, the tats too if that's important to you.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Congrats on the big accomplishments, the tats too if that's important to you.
      Thanks, tkent. I appreciate congratulations and your acceptance of the tattoos as something important to myself. Most people have a hard time with that.

Comment

My cute little nice is going to be the tattooed lady at the circus one day I fear.

Graduating from WSU next year I believe.

Comment

The only thing that sounds not so good about that is the circus.

Comment

Runs in the family.

Comment

Runs in the family.
              That explains a lot.
              Congrats, Devan.

Comment

They have not (yet) graduated to the circus, but both of my boys have worked on the carny circuit for several years now.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  They have not (yet) graduated to the circus, but both of my boys have worked on the carny circuit for several years now.

Are they really weird?
                  Carnies are weird.

Comment

A GS on campus has to be cool in its own right.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      A GS on campus has to be cool in its own right.

Eric
                      It is cool. There's two of us. My 850 and my buddy's 82 550L and they're cooler than all the other bikes.... Except maybe the ruckus....

Comment

Congrats on beating the I-can't-do or the you-can't-do it attitude!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Are they really weird?
                          Carnies are weird.
                          One of them is a card-carrying member of Mensa.

Does that count?

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                          X