No announcement yet.

Fly and Ride GS1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow those are gorgeous, even considering I'm not a big shield or backrest kind of guy. They look like they did when they were newborn!

:drool:

Comment

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
      Wow those are gorgeous, even considering I'm not a big shield or backrest kind of guy. They look like they did when they were newborn!:drool:
      Thanks. Both myself and Dan, the new owner, share your opinion of bigshields and backrests. He removed both from his when he got home. I have mixed feelings about the fairing on the bike I kept. I like that its a genuine Suzuki accessory and, as such, pretty rare. I also like the comfort factor when riding in lousy weather. However, if I didn't have a naked bike, my Hawk, GT for zipping around on hot days, I'd be tempted to have kept the '82 or pull the fairing off my '83.
      Willie
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Dan,

Are you sure you weren't dreaming! Not only was this guy the seller of this great MC, but your guardian angel too

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
          Bingo! .....
          ....Willie
          And great photo.

I thought later that Perhaps I should not have pointed you out, since Mr Dan Mr. Fly did not specifically identify you, like maybe you prefered to be somewhat anynonomous. Glad you are not annoyed.

So, GS1100G, a fine 1100G in stock condition.
          And Not a certain GK with a certain tail trunk (or maybe was just the lid), with custom paint.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by FlyRideGS1100G View Post
            Sorry everyone about no photos or paragraphs. .......Dan
            Dan,

Not too late to edit, and hit the "enter" in several places.

Thanks for posting story. I did enjoy it.

Looks like you got a great bike.

Tell us more of your adventures with it.

Dave

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I don't mind reporting that I did this for Dan because I enjoyed the satisfaction from taking a chance on helping out the buyer of my Yam GTS1000 last month. In that case, after several long conversations, I extended an offer to pick the buyer up at the airport and put him up at my place for a couple of nights so I could take him on a sport oriented tour of the area. He flew down from CT on a Friday afternoon. An old riding buddy of mine came in from NC that night and the 3 of us covered 250 miles of scenic and twisty roads the next day. He was well rested and totally in love with the bike before heading North Sunday morning. He spent 2 days driving back, taking time to enjoy some old friends and new roads. I would've extended the same offer to Dan but he was strapped for time and it was tuff enough to get him to fly down, at all.
              IMO, THIS is the way to sell or buy a bike. It also keeps the "Pay it foward philosophy going and growing".
              Willie.
              Last edited by willie; 06-25-2012, 12:32 PM.

Present Stable includes:

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                .....I extended an offer to pick the buyer up at the airport and put him up at my place for a couple of nights so I could take him on a sport oriented tour of the area. .......
                Let me know if you have a nice 650 for sale.

Dave

Comment

paragraphs

Thanks everyone for your patience in reading this story without paragraphs and proper punctuation. I was in a hurry to post it at the time. It should be more readable now. Next project: some photos. Ride safe
                  Dan

Comment

Great story! Got to know Al (Willie) at the GSR West Virginia rides. Great guy and into quality workmanship. I'm not surprised at your experience. Makes me want to hop on my bike and head down that direction for a ride on the Snake.

Bob
                    Current:
                    2008 BMW R1200RT
                    Past History:1971 Honda CB350; 1972 Bonneville
                    1979 Suzuki GS550E
                    1979 Suzuki GS850G
                    1980 Suzuki GS850G
                    1983 Suzuki GS1100E
                    2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
                    2004 BMW R1150 RT
                    2009 Triumph Bonneville SE

Comment

Now Indy Bob, you KNOW that offer I extended you didn't have an expiration date. I doubt it would take much talking to get Doug to ride over from Asheville on his ZRX and join us, or meet us on The Snake. He and I have ridden it numerous times. As recently as last month, in fact, when I was on my Hawk GT. As the ol Florida tourism commercial finished with..... Come on Down!!
                      Willie

Present Stable includes:

Comment

I may take you up on that invitation this year. I have to miss the Red River Rally and I'm trying to carve out some time for a good trip. Would be a blast to get down that way and hang out with you and Doug.

Bob
                        Current:
                        2008 BMW R1200RT
                        Past History:1971 Honda CB350; 1972 Bonneville
                        1979 Suzuki GS550E
                        1979 Suzuki GS850G
                        1980 Suzuki GS850G
                        1983 Suzuki GS1100E
                        2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
                        2004 BMW R1150 RT
                        2009 Triumph Bonneville SE

Comment

Wow! Great story, and the 1100G you got, Dan, is like the city cousin to mine. Mine was close to pristine (not quite) when I got her, and now, with the rough miles I put on it's a bit rougher. She still looks better than my 850 though.

Comment

Working...
                          X