Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new TAX??? Or just call it a FEE (Not P that way, right?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new TAX??? Or just call it a FEE (Not P that way, right?)

I went to re-new the registration on the '82 GS1200G today and they have added another new "fee" (TAX) by a different name!
    Instead of having the usual extreme pleasure of waiting at the DMV for an hour or more,
    AFTER waiting on line for 15-30 minutes or more to get a number to wait some more,

in the past month or so they added a new "fee" of $3.00 to use the self-service machine!!!!!!!
    Unbelievable!!!

Four years ago, it was a simple $33.00 to renew your tag/registration with an $8.00 tax.

It now breaks down as this:

Registration fee: $33.00
    Government Services tax: $16.00
    Motorcycle safety "fee" (tax): $6.00
    Processong "fee" (tax): $3.00

Some of my Cars/Trucks now cost LESS than Motorcycles!

They have cut services and raised everything else!!!
    Yes, I realize that I am preaching to the choir as far as our Canadian friends are concerned but,
    this has almost increased 50% in the past four stinkin' years!
    The State Governor 2 terms ago, gave back all of the collected taxes for tags/registrations as a refund check to everyone as he had a positive state budget balance sheet.
    And the last two Governors have had a deficit!!!!
    So, a new improved way to "fee" (tax) the middle class besides stepping up speeding violation enforcements (and thus purchasing new cars/motorcycles for LEO's).

So, the next one, gets mailed in and they can spend their time/effort pushing the papers around and mailing it back
    instead of getting a free paid vacation to sit on their butts and let the machines collect their wages for them!

I am p*ssed off!

Rant over.

Don't forget to do what you should be doing this November everyone.
    (Eat a Turkey or Ham. Of course.)

Eric
    Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2012, 08:12 PM.

We got similarly shafted in NJ a couple years ago when they practically doubled the motorcycle fee. They didn't chain any funny new 'taxes' or 'fees' to the original, they just flat out raised it. Bastardo Montalbans.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

It is like they are prejudiced towards motorcycles or something.
      Although the vast MAJORITY of the ones on the road between May and September (real bikers. LMAO!)
      are the ones with the gawd awful loud pipes and salad bowls!

Eric

Comment

Eric, I got the bill for my MC insurance a few days ago. The basic cost of insurance is $85 'plus' $175 for MCCA http://www.michigancatastrophic.com/ which was just $145 last year.

On a lighter note, it took me 15 minutes to transfer the title and plate on my 80 850 for a whopping total of $41. $15 for transferring the title, $18 state tax and another $8 to transfer the plate that was on the 82.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
          We got similarly shafted in NJ a couple years ago when they practically doubled the motorcycle fee. They didn't chain any funny new 'taxes' or 'fees' to the original, they just flat out raised it. Bastardo Montalbans.
          Yes, because it's supposed to "discourage" us from registering a motorcycle, because in the eyes of the lawmakers, we are just "annoyances". Because of all the accidents we cause.......

Comment

Rusty, I like the idea of the MCCA.
            Who's idea was that and how did it get passed?
            It is logical and makes sense...
            We just cannot have that! Right?

Eric

Comment

Last motorcycle I registered in WI: $28.00 (if I remember right) license fee good for 2 years. $65.00 title transfer fee, $5.00 counter fee (for not mailing it in), state and county sales tax of 5.5% ( I know, low compared to others), and a couple of environmental fees. Cheep compared to some other areas of the world, but it cost me 50% of purchase price to put this 33 YO bike on the road, and that was just gov fees. I was lucky the barn find only needed tires and some basic maintenance.

Comment

Working...
              X