Sold my bike today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold my bike today.

Finally got a live one on the hook. The guy came buy, the bike fired up on first crank (many thanks for everyone's help). The guy looked like I did when I first bought the bike - excited!
    After going over everything I have done to it, the usual haggle went nice.
    I think that it firing up was most of the sale, along with the hard - earned appearance. Yes I lost money, but the worst part was as it drove away, I stood there watching and feeling that I lost a friend.

Hopefully he takes good care of the old girl.

Comment

What did you replace her with? Looking for another GS or you riding a Harley now? Sometimes you just can't make the cash back...maybe on the next one!

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
        Hopefully he takes good care of the old girl.
        That's what I'm hoping

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
          What did you replace her with? Looking for another GS or you riding a Harley now? Sometimes you just can't make the cash back...maybe on the next one!
          NOOO, no Harley. No bike, as I sold her because I just don't possess 'road ballz'. But you never know. I repaired a 250 Ninja for a guy I work with, and delivered it today after I sold mine. There is still enjoyment to riding, which the 15 mile ride reminded me. But the GS requires TLC, and was made to ride, frequently.
          PS, for the price of a Harley, I could own a decent street bike, a BMW roar warrior, a dirt bike, and a little pit thrasher!

Comment

Stay in the game. Buy fixer uppers and sell them.Of course you make have to road test them a little.

1978 GS1000C
            1979 GS1000E
            1980 GS1000E
            2004 Roadstar

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Stay in the game. Buy fixer uppers and sell them.Of course you make have to road test them a little.
              +1 sounds like you enjoy the mech. side.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                +1 sounds like you enjoy the mech. side.
                Yes, I do. There was a feeling of pride knowing all that went into making that bike run right, my effort, and the GSR collective wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                X