Inspirational!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspirational!!

So last night I went out to look at the 82 Katana advertised on used victoria. The bike did not disapoint! 8400kms (5100mi) Perfect in every way. But that is not the interesting part. No no... The seller also had 2000 Hayabusa all decked out! That wasn't all the owner had, she also had a 2008 Hayabusa. Oh and a brand new Corvette. Ok kinda cool you say, well here is the kicker...the owner of all the beautiful hardware is a 60 YEAR OLD WOMAN! She showed me pics of her on her old bikes that included 1978 gs750e she bought new, complete with clip on bars and a 4 into 1. She told me she wishes she would have held on to one of her favorite bikes over the years...a brand new 1986 GSXR 750!! Oh and I have heard about this woman before from one of the local bike shops and what they told me was "she can ride and she likes to ride fast"! She has radar detectors on all her vehicles and over the years has aquired many points on her license. Imagine the looks she must get from people when she takes off her helmet. Oh and she used to dirt bike but broke both her knees doing that. I Am going to make plans to go riding with her soon. Not sure how I feel about getting my a$$ kicked by a 60 year old woman. Should be cool, just like her. Here are the pics.

Yes that speedo says 340kms!! They don't make that speedo anymore.

And here is the very nice (and fast) lady herself..
    Last edited by trevor; 08-15-2012, 09:17 PM.
    No signature

OMG the Katana is magnificent!

Comment

Move over "Little old lady from Pasadina"

Comment

Yeah, yeah. Did you BUY the Katana Trevor?
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
          Yeah, yeah. Did you BUY the Katana Trevor?
          Haha...no I did not, a little rich for me. It was appraised buy out BC insurance at $7500 and she is open to offers, and lots of other goodies to go with...here is the ad.
          No signature

Comment

Trevor, your so addicted to GSs that you better start counceling yourself.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Met a lady like that myself last night when picking up this for Gatekeeper:

Did I mention it was "free", she just wanted it out of her cramped garage. she originally bought it for servicing her 2005 Yammie R6 but as it the bike was lowered it wouldn't fit under. Only riding for about 7 seasons but has wracked up over 100,000 Km. She likes to go distance (obviously) and just came back from a two week solo jaunt to Arizona. Next year she's heading for Alaska! The interesting part is she doesn't look at all like a "biker chic" more of the cookie baking grandma type. Inspirational indeed.

Thanks for sharing,
              Spyug

Comment

Holy crap that is a very nice Katana. I'd love to get one in my garage. They aren't for everyone, which makes them so much cooler I think.

It looks like you got yourself a new riding buddy too. Win win there. Nothing wrong with chasing older ladies...

In all seriousness some of the best riders I know are guys in their late 60's who have been riding fast their entire life. No substitute for experience I guess. I actually enjoy riding with them more than the kids my own age, always learn something new.

Thanks for sharing the pics of the nice Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                  Trevor, your so addicted to GSs that you better start counceling yourself.
                  Haha...Rick, you could be right!
                  No signature

Comment

Well I might not be able to buy her Katana but I have made a new riding buddy. Nancy and I went up Island through all the nice twisty roads and into Cowichan Bay and back to Victoria about 145kms. Here is the best part...when we stopped at Cowichan for coffee she asked if I wanted to try her 2008 Hayabusa!! So I said sure. Now I have never been on a bike newer than say 1987. Now I am on a 180hp demon!! I was shocked at just how refined of a bike it was, very smooth and surprisingly easy to ride. I cracked the throttle a couple of times and was doing 140km in what seemed like an eye blink...Wow!! I rode it about 50kms she rode my old girl. And Nancy is a great rider too...not to shaby for a 60 year old woman! She said she enjoyed riding my bike as it brought back memories of the brand new 76 GS750 she owned. lol

No signature

Comment

Oh yeah forgot to say, that now, I want one.
                      Is this a scam?
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Oh yeah forgot to say, that now, I want one.
                        Is this a scam?
                        http://www.buysell.com/a/Suzuki/Haya...howcpo=ShowCPO
                        It is a '99.
                        That is about what they go for these days.

Eric

Comment

Nancy sent this old pic of her on her new 1976 gs...Check that fairing out! Man she has always been fast!!
                          No signature

Comment

She needs to join the forum!

Comment

this is a fabulous post!

Comment

Working...
                              X