Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How NOT to leave the Dealership on a new bike! (Non-GS story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How NOT to leave the Dealership on a new bike! (Non-GS story)

Sad indeed...

A man suffered serious injuries Friday afternoon after crashing a new 2012 Harley Davidson almost immediately after he bought it.

Eric

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Sad indeed...

A man suffered serious injuries Friday afternoon after crashing a new 2012 Harley Davidson almost immediately after he bought it.

Eric
    My question is what was a Pirate doing wearing a helmet?
    No signature

Comment

It looks like it might have been a V-Rod (< the one that H-D riders loath.)
      Just got his license and had credit.
      Looks like he just bought two new GMC's also from the news cast.

Eric

Comment

Glad to hear and amazed he had a helmet on! Maybe you shouldn't get a big new bike to learn on!? Wonder if his insurance company is going to cover anything since he just drove off lot and probably hadn't even talked to insurance company yet. terrylee

Comment

Thanks for that!
          Always nice to see a bigger idiot ... uh ... sorry ... a more unfortunate individual than oneself...

Comment

That's pretty sad indeed. I guess his riding days are over, and now he probably has allot of debt. Sucks to be him, but at least he's still alive.

I remember when I went to get my first motorcycle, a '69 Honda 65 Super Sport. We didn't have motorcycle driver licenses then, just a restricted license, and you could ride a bike under 5 brake horse power at the age of 14. I think I was 16 or 17 at the time. It was just a matter of "lets take it out back behind the dealership and I'll show you how to drive it" No helmet, I didn't even own one yet.
            I rode it about 50 feet to the end of the building, couldn't see around the edge so I stopped. No traffic, early in the morning, and this truck came barreling down from around the corner, had I kept going I surely would've been T-boned.
            I always thought and still do think parking lots are a dangerous place to be, it's not the speed, but the vehicles which can come at you from any direction.
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              My question is what was a Pirate doing wearing a helmet?
              Well, I was going to say that some states require helmets, but that happened in Texas, where it is only required if you are 20 or younger. The rider was 35.

In some states, like oHIo, a rider is also required to wear a helmet if he has a "novice" license, meaning that he has had a motorcycle license for less than a year. I did not see a similar restriction for Texas.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Geez what a nightmare. Good thing he's not tore up.
                That might be the ride to stop all rides.

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
                  Glad to hear and amazed he had a helmet on! Maybe you shouldn't get a big new bike to learn on!? Wonder if his insurance company is going to cover anything since he just drove off lot and probably hadn't even talked to insurance company yet. terrylee
                  Probably got sold the Harley Bike Insurance by Progressive at the dealership, but expect it to not be accepted by the underwriter. He'll get coverage for the accident and property damage he caused, but he'll get a cancellation notice in the mail.

Flo will have to take a pay cut, that's easily $100k of damage on an hour old policy
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I dunno, I love the styling of the VRod

Comment

LoL- Flo's gonna kick him to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by lord1234 View Post
                        I dunno, I love the styling of the VRod
                        Looks ain't performance!
                        sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Comment

V-Rod has all the motor you need on the street, enough I'm sure to get into lots of trouble with. I don't think that's a V-Rod though, it has that big honkin' primary drive case. Still only one Harley for me though, XR1200.
                            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                              Still only one Harley for me though, XR1200.
                              Trust me, your stock GS750 will smoke it!

Boring bike. H-D is and embarrassment to all Americans.
                              I only rode it all the way to my house because I forgot my cell phone.
                              Otherwise, it would have been a much shorter test ride.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X