Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride of the century 2012

google or youtube ride of the century stl if you dont know what it is

boy was it fun..i seen a few old bikes..me an 2 other bikes were the only 2 cafe's i seen

well i was kinda scared cruising my bike up 44 for 2 hours at 80 or more mph...with 2 stops...my bike was AMAZING...crusing at 6-6.5k rpm was pretty differnt from my 4.5-5k...but she did good...

also if you was there i was on the orange suzuki cafe that was loud as hell (had my baffle out for most the ride)

heres video from a spectator..pause the video at exactly 6 minutes 40 seconds...and you will see my orange cafe an hear it if you can distinguish it

Everyone Leaving the flood wall. Warning its very loud turn down the volume!
    Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2012, 09:41 PM.

Very cool. Yeah, it's amazing how these bikes hold up on a long ride. I just did a 750 mile ride at highway speeds and led our group - and the bike just hummed along mile after amazing mile.

Great bikes these Suzukis.

Comment

I wanted to go so bad....just couldn't make it.

I hear it's the last year they're doing it, right?

Comment

Just watched the video.

Nice bike.

From the looks and the sound of that crowd, I am rather glad I was NOT there.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

This groups actions are nothing for any of us to be proud of. 70 mph wheelies on crowded interstates, high speed lane splitting, scaring the hell out of people in cars. They do nothing to promote a good image of motorcyclists to the public. Yeah, I saw them. I spend alot of time on I-55, I-270, and I-70 in STL.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
            I wanted to go so bad....just couldn't make it.

I hear it's the last year they're doing it, right?
            i belive so..the posted a thing of facebook if they get 15k likes they will do it next year

Comment

Working...
            X