Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least she didn't say men are HOGs.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

My old boss used to say at the end of the day "time to put on my costume" as he'd change into his harley gear and leave the electrical engineering firm we worked at on his harley.

Lol
      Brian

82 GS1100E
      sigpic

Comment

Poserville, USA
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Poserville, USA
          Outside the doctors office I watched a man in his 50's pull up on a shiny Harley. His hair was almost as thin as mine up top, but he had a pony tail.

Of course he wore the requisite black leather jacket, but what got my attention were the leather chaps he wore over his jeans.

If he were really concerned about protection in case of a fall, I think he should have worn something more than the half helmet he stashed in his bag. But something about those V-twins prevents the owner from wearing even a three quarter, not to mention a full face helmet.

But he seemed like a nice enough guy, and we chatted.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            Outside the doctors office I watched a man in his 50's pull up on a shiny Harley. His hair was almost as thin as mine up top, but he had a pony tail.

Of course he wore the requisite black leather jacket, but what got my attention were the leather chaps he wore over his jeans.

If he were really concerned about protection in case of a fall, I think he should have worn something more than the half helmet he stashed in his bag. But something about those V-twins prevents the owner from wearing even a three quarter, not to mention a full face helmet.

But he seemed like a nice enough guy, and we chatted.
            Let's not stereo type all the HD riders, alot of the HD guys i ride with wear full face helmets and tend to have better ATGATT gear then the squid rocket riders.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by reliant_turbo View Post
              My old boss used to say at the end of the day "time to put on my costume" as he'd change into his harley gear and leave the electrical engineering firm we worked at on his harley.

Lol
              Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              Poserville, USA
              on another note, i have another coworker that has a 98 heritage springer that had a GS back in the day, is a patriot guard rider and i am helping him upgrade his lighting to LED. we are both fire alarm tech dudes. we both just like to ride.

Brian
              Brian

82 GS1100E
              sigpic

Comment

I can't remember the last time I saw a Harley rider around here with a full face helmet. Other brands of cruisers also. To each his own.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

These guys are awesome.....and are VERY physically fit!

Comment

Idiocy amazing idiocy

Comment

A dollar a shot? LOL, they're not charging enough.
                      sigpic

82 GS850
                      78 GS1000
                      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                      .................________-|___\____
                      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

He should have waited till the bystanders had consumed much beer.
                        Would have been more carnage from each side.
                        Looked like the jap bike was winning.

Comment

Originally posted by mharrington View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5oK0ZEXic
                          Typical HOG turds
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

I always give the Harley guys a wave. So they can look like a butt for not waving back. They do have a good eye, I almost never fool them with my Roadstar.
                            [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
                            Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Comment

The next video on the YouTube list showed what kind of people they are. A 57 second clip, with the same people, shows a woman stapling a $20 bill to a man's *******, with the staple likely penetrating his left nut.
                              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by mharrington View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5oK0ZEXic
                                Breakfast of champions - beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X