Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Steve, i first posted an intro thread (about my GS700EN)...a few replied....all was going well, I asked a few questions and got some great answers. So, instead of just leaching info offa here, i decided to stay. As soon as Id posted that i was associated with the 81, I started getting harassed by cerain individuals....Ive even offered some members parts for free...ya....im a POS right ???....

i did NOT become "condescending" until I was personally attacked.....I looked for a way of blocking posts by certain members, havent found that option.....also, Ive received many PMs from members who are older and mature and want me to stay, and know better than to throw a monkey wrench into a message board.....Ive been a moderator, admin, and board owner....so please dont try to appease me....there are individuals here that are simply instigators....I suppose their X Boxes are down....or their 14 yr old GF is suckin somebody else, so they gotta get their agressions out here.....I "thought" this was an adult" forum....heh....fookin joke...

Id like to just get back to GS sheit, and have those who stray from it be banned, as i was accused of straying from GS....but all I did was to reply to a post some numbnuts decided to make against Harleys....isnt that OT...I try to stay on topic.... mebbe mods and admins need to pay better attention to violations so things like this dont happen....

I make some kickass custom bikes...been doin it since the late 70s/early 80's....I figured I could contribute a lot here.....but apparently, the Peanut Gallery owns this place....

A few members (older ones) heve my contact info....ask them if ya need work/mods.....Im tired of the kiddie crap here....Ive left a few boards for the same reason....

"dont let the door hit ya".........hope my 12 gauge just grazes ya....and YOU know who Im talkin about....too many punks....

Comment

I don't see why the 81 is a problem, bit others will have their own opinions. And I saw that you offered free parts, let's hope that someone can use your kind offer. I certainly didn't say you were a POS. Can't speak for others.

There is a way to block members, but I can't think of it right now. As you have been a moderator, board owner and admin, no doubt you will find it easily enough.

There is an admin for this site, but, as I mentioned earlier, he's a volunteer, and doesn't police the site 24/7. There is an expectation that members will be mature enough to limit the necessity for intervention.

I wouldn't dream of trying to 'appease' you. I have a simple attitude - you say your piece, I'll say mine, and we'll either agree or disagree.
      1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
        I looked for a way of blocking posts by certain members, havent found that option
        Click on the members name, then view profile, then click "add to ignore list". I just added you to mine.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
          Click on the members name, then view profile, then click "add to ignore list". I just added you to mine.
          Thank you for the reminder, I always forget about that because I've never felt the true need till now.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Interesting....a thread must have been edited. Because in my email notificatins it asked why a Kawi rider would join a Suzu forum.....cant find that now, bit I AM a Suzi owner....a 1985 GS700ES and I posted pics of it in my intro thread....duhhhhhhhhh.....

a line what was made between 30 and 40 years ago. Our bikes aren't literally antiques
            Actually they are....in the state of NY anything over 30 years is considered a 'historic'....and by most standards (NHRA, etc) anything over 35 yrs is considered vintage......

Just wondering....have any of you ever visited the http://www.vjmc.org/ ....might open yer eyes up some....*wink*....take the time to click the link....seriously.....

Comment

Wow.......I got a lot to offer dikheads....Why dont you come and visit me peckerhead ....I can give ya a permanent way out...clown....And I aint fookin leavin.......fook you kids....
              ...I suppose their X Boxes are down....or their 14 yr old GF is suckin somebody else,.....but apparently, the Peanut Gallery owns this place....
              "dont let the door hit ya".........hope my 12 gauge just grazes ya....and YOU know who Im talkin about....too many punks....
              Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms
              Buncha fookin azzholes....By the way....go back to grade school and learn to spell.....I bet you watch FOX News daily too, and believe it all....you wanna start bashin motherfooker....you picked the wrong guy, because I'll tear yer azz apart. and make you look like the jerkoff you really are.......yer all so brave behind yer keyboards......***gots !.....come down here to Orange County, NY, and we'll go 1 on 1.....c'mon azholes....what kinda comeback ya got fer that ????...besides chickensheit.....
              Perhaps this sort of talk is OK where you usually hang out. It is not appropriate in this particular forum. One very generous man "owns" the GS Resources, putting in lots of time doing the coding and hosting. Several other quietly help him. Members, especially ones who have been here for years, try to guide others into behavior that is accepted here.

Talk about bikes and hobbies and how to get along well with others, and you'll be welcomed and accepted. Your posts on forging are interesting and informative. Talking like you did above causes problems and won't be long tolerated.
              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

I'm fairly certain he remonstrated with another poster about spelling correctly, but his posts come across as crude, childish, and insecure, with idiotic levels of insults.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

How is he not kicked off here with name calling in his posts?
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                    Thank you for the reminder, I always forget about that because I've never felt the true need till now.
                    Every now and then one turns up. This guy's a slam dunk.
                    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

No signature

Comment

I started on a Harley, rode H-D for 20+ years and spent 3 years as H-D wrencher. I can appreciate your passion Wolfy. Let's tell the truth, the Harley "dirtbags" don't sit around talking on their forums about "what they should have said to Suzuki guy", they would not even think about it, not even a passing thought. Was on Harley threads for years and heard not such ranting or ranker, no one gave one $hit about jap bike owners. That said...

I poke my head into this thread periodically, for a laugh. Although I have not read all of your statements Mr. Wolfy I have concluded you are seemingly are trying to get the boot. I mean what's with the language? Are you for real? I feel your playing some elaborate joke on us, I think the word is trolling. There are several blowhards on this, and other, forums and probably an equal number of trolls. I think your the latter but if not so be it, rant away, surely you will gone soon.

Comment

Damn it, I ran out of popcorn and had to nip out for some more.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                            Let's tell the truth, the Harley "dirtbags" don't sit around talking on their forums about "what they should have said to Suzuki guy", they would not even think about it, not even a passing thought. Was on Harley threads for years and heard not such ranting or ranker, no one gave one $hit about jap bike owners.
                            I've said it before, I know people who have harleys and they have let me ride them and like every thing with two wheels I enjoyed it. I've talked to a friend about motorcycle forums and he visited several and ended up joining one and he has told me about a thread were a v-twin member started bashing japanese motorcycles and owners and calling them names. He said so many harley members busted this guys ***** for putting down another motorcycle brand and owner and that many on this forum said they still have japanese bikes and a few mentioned they have a suzuki gs. I ask him the name of site and visited the site and many quoted and agreed with one harley site member when he said he wouldn't hang around with a person that put down anothers choice of bike
                            Having fun bashing different brands like ford guys raggin on chevy guys in a fun way is different..people that have riding motorcycles in their blood are definitely a passionate bunch..LOL
                            I very much love my old GS and out of all bikes I've rode..all around and overall its my favorite and proud and lucky to have a gs750 and 1100 I can ride long distance and still have a bike that is fun and powerful.

Comment

Which site is this that you mentioned?
                              Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

You know....Ive already been contacted by mods and admins. Way I saw it, I was defending myself and my friends. If i offended anyone accidentaly (I try to quote who Im referring to), but if i missed, im sorry. Just that I was a newb in this place, decided to join because because it seemed like a bunch a good folks. Then got attacked due to my Russian heritage (NOT soviet !), and my affiliations with a few 1%ers.....heck of a welcome.
                                Im my opinion, all i did was defend myself against slander, and "namecalling" as some have mentioned.

Ive also been PMed by many fine, longtime members here. And all's fine with them. I suggest to those who dont want to read my posts just block me. I have a lot to offer here. Those who dont want to hear it, simply block me. Thats what I told folks on boards Ive moderated and admined on. But seems like this thread completely changed direction now, and has turned into a "bash Wolfie" thread. Why arent mods saying anything about that ? Isnt that harassment ?....violation of TOS ?....I have barely even been to the forum in a week. yet it continues.

Ive received a warning, I hope a few others involved did as well, but Im not gonna "beg" to stay here. I can read here anytime i want. And I now have a few contacts i can trust that wont try to crucify me without even getting to know me.

Comment

Working...
                                X