Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with you being here, as long as you don't swear at people or get into personal attacks or name calling. Being of Russian heritage should NOT be a problem to anyone here & if it is, THEY need to go away! Some people may not get your humor but that is on them to figure out. I'm never above pi$$ing someone off if they have it coming, I just won't swear at them or call them names. Some people just can't help that they are "dumber than a football bat" but what are you going to do about them. Idiots need love too I guess. And welcome to the site, if I haven't told you that already.
    Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray....glad we talked things over and ya got to know me a lil first. We're good as far as Im concered, as are all others who PMed me. I'll try to stay civil long as Im not attacked....but just so ALL know, I had a splenectomy and partial pancreas removal....my blood sugar levels go from super high to super low....sometimes that effects my judgement as to what i write/do/say.....I dont often make that public, but this place is important to me as are most of the folks Ive met. If i come up with a whacked out post one day, its likely due to the sugar....I dont go on boards often anymore due to that, but if I see my own screwup from the night before, will try to make ammends and make apologies.

To the others....how's that for "childish and infantile and all the other things you called me" ?....all i wanna do is be a member here and get along with most. Note i said "most". With some will never happen after what was said, but i think I can get along well the majority here and help many.

Shouldnt this thread get back on topic by now ???????

"Harley Guys and their T shirts" or similar ?
      Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
        due to my Russian heritage (NOT soviet !),
        Got any Vodka recommendations..LOL

Comment

Yeah....not russian (polish vodka is better)....well, some Russian.... hard to find, dad made his own....but if you can find "Rebinowaya" (which means rowan berry)....dad took them orange berries from a montain ash (rowan tree) and filled 1/4 bottle of the crappiest stuff you could buy...in 8 month, it was the Smoooooothest vodka ya ever tried.....the others are "Pertzovka" (pepper flavored), and Wyborova (Polish)....and then theres the REALLY rare vodka with buffallo grass in it....turns the vodka a light turquoise....different brand names for that, almost impossible to find here unless you hit like NYC or some big coastal city which i dont....

Back in the 70s, me and a buddy ran a small still....and i used my dads recipe....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......lil copper.....got plenny of springs around here......just a lack of rowan berries !!!!....lol......

But in all my years drinking vodka at family dinners and such....Rebinowaya or Ryebinovaya is the absolute best for drinking straight.

Heh....so's you guys know....."Stolychnaya"....touted as one of the best ya, know what that word means in Russian ?.... "table vodka"....the stuff you serve on a usual basis....on the table with dinner....common stuff, lol.....pretty funny huh ?

I should get a still goin again....I got the spots to make it.....got buyers.....hardly no law here once yer off the road....we used to make this corn and apple mash....was pretty nice.....now if I substitute the apples for rowanberries....I might finally get that house deep in the backwoods someplace in the Rockies....

Comment

How cool is that? a couple'v posts no aggression. Welcome Wolfie.
            My Dad's side is all Russian and my uncles (Belgian side) used to brew some stuff that was light brown in colour that was pulled out on special occasions and made people behave all funny.
            sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Back on topic....I have said things to the Harley riders/owners after my riding a few thousand miles on a few different Harley models over the years. I never quite remember the models because they sound like Fat Bob, Low Rider, Jim Bob, Easy Rider, Wide Glide, Dyna Glide, Dyna Out, Slim Jim, etc... but that I enjoyed riding on anything with 2 wheels and a motor, and had fun riding their lent out Harley....BUT would never own one. Mostly that they are overpriced for what they are, but to each his/her own. One was my son, another was my other son's friend, another was my brother-in-law, another a lady from church, and yet another was my daughter's boyfriend, all Harley owners. Each one has lent their bikes to me because they know I am an avid rider and have owned over 40 bikes of other brands, English, German and Japanese makes, and they respect my opinions and riding skills. Now as far as on the road and getting waves, yeah the Harley "badass" usually blows you off, but in the end who cares?

PS...I shouldn't say never since if someone gave me one or sold it dirt cheap I might be interested.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I'll weigh in here on the "benevolent" Hardly David's Son owners. From 2003-2008, I rode with a group of (older, experienced) Yamaha FZ1 owners. We rode to Durango, Vegas, San Diego, all over Arizona, and we also enjoyed meeting at The Hideaway, a Cave Creek biker bar. In the twenty or thirty times we met at that bar, not a single night would go by without some chrome polisher leering and saying something like, "When you gonna get a real bike?" We loved their gawks when we parked our bikes next to their $30+K noise generation units, and I enjoyed responding to such idiotic rhetoric with things such as, "You mean one that costs twice as much, goes half as fast, vibrates parts off and breaks down every month?" Harley riders are a foolishly elitist group: They have no leg to stand on. It was the Japs who paid for them to emerge from the Iron Age, and they still can't build bikes that run as long or as well for anything approaching a reasonable price.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Hells Angels. Several notches below cancer.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    I'll weigh in here on the "benevolent" Hardly David's Son owners. From 2003-2008, I rode with a group of (older, experienced) Yamaha FZ1 owners. We rode to Durango, Vegas, San Diego, all over Arizona, and we also enjoyed meeting at The Hideaway, a Cave Creek biker bar. In the twenty or thirty times we met at that bar, not a single night would go by without some chrome polisher leering and saying something like, "When you gonna get a real bike?" We loved their gawks when we parked our bikes next to their $30+K noise generation units, and I enjoyed responding to such idiotic rhetoric with things such as, "You mean one that costs twice as much, goes half as fast, vibrates parts off and breaks down every month?" Harley riders are a foolishly elitist group: They have no leg to stand on. It was the Japs who paid for them to emerge from the Iron Age, and they still can't build bikes that run as long or as well for anything approaching a reasonable price.
                    I don't know. I'm not really interested in defending HD as they have plenty of people who actually pay full boat to buy a new one. But as I find your posts to be balanced and thoughtful I might say that you are being a bit harsh on the HD bikes.

Again, I don't own one so I have not been drinking the HD cool aid. I had a '75 sportster I sold before leaving for Sudan. It was everything you mentioned and annoying loud too. If I had $20K for a bike I'm not sure it would be an HD.

Are they the over priced crap bikes as described or does HD have different engineering goals? I rented a then new 2010 FLH on leave a few years ago and it was really well suited for my then new wife and I to run around CO. And the 2014 bikes seem to have benefitted from even more improvements.

The whole HD 'lifestyle' thing and wanna be 'outlaw' image that far too many buy the bikes to get is just lame and I try to avoid that in any activity or group. But the bikes themselves as motorcycles, not as rolling jewelry/accessories, have some very interesting qualities.

Overpriced? Eh, I'd have to say that as there seems to be be more than enough people to pay what they ask; the price is exactly right. Right for me and you? Probably not worth it for either of us.

Comment

HDs are only machinery like any other bike and they're mechanically pretty good these days.
                      It will always be the typical (I said "typical", not all) owners who are in it for the wrong reason. Keith expressed the gang thing most eloquently.
                      I doubt that the TYPICAL herd member is even aware of the true origins of his uniform.
                      It would be nice if they would all learn when to shut the hell up.
                      Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

Cave Creek is Sonny's adopted home, BTW.
                        You are truly honoured, Pilot.

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as saying new Harleys are junk. I know of a few people with many reliable miles on them.
                          With todays crop of people (generally speaking) who dont even own a toolbox, let alone know how to wrench, I dont think
                          any manufacturer can afford to turn out junk.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

HDs are only machinery like any other bike and they're mechanically pretty good these days.
                            I consider them to be decent; didn't call them junk.

Comment

How cool is that? a couple'v posts no aggression. Welcome Wolfie.
                              Thanks brother....

Very honestly, in my opinion, MOST Harleys built after 1972 aint worth the meat on 10 day old armadillo roadkill...

Few yesrs back, me and my buddy went all the way to the Javitz center in NYC to the yearly bike expo....I sat on quite a few harleys and felt cramped...Id need to mod every one to make it good for me to ride....I went over to the Kawi area....the Vaquero fit me like a glove and would get that before any new Harley....the VN1500 Classic was really nice too.....(Im 6'1", so I need arm and leg room)....

Engines on the new Harleys? I just did some work on a newer 1340 FXR.....owner went to jail, so i wanted it outta my shop (all was paid)....when i rode it down the road to bring it to his house, i loved it motor wise, but the way the controls and bars were set up really sucked....it was uncomfortable....If I was goin on a long ride, say, 500 miles or more....Id rather be on my 85 custom Kawi than a 2014 harley....
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Canary View Post
                                I consider them to be decent; didn't call them junk.
                                Understood... I was speaking in generalities..
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X