Second Ride in as many weeks - 19Jan2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Ride in as many weeks - 19Jan2013

Went for a nice ride today. She's got some get-up and go and I like it.

First, I took her through Camden:

Then I took her to the Flightline on Dover AFB.

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Good that you are liking it.

Was not any too warm was it?

Pecular markings in that parking lot.

Aw, come on, get right up next to, inbetween those planes so we can see 'em better.
    har har har

I went to an airport, and got right up close to a military jet.

Last edited by Redman; 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Redman,

Thanks for the comments. The parking lot you see is where I took the MSF course on 11Sep2011; it's $200 for civilians but $50 for retired Vets.

Anyway, there are a couple of lots near me and I go out and practice emergency stops and other maneuvers.

The weather wasn't too bad because I bundled up. My hands were a little cold but nothing too serious.

The planes in the background are from the Museum. I can get closer but not as close as your photo...there aren't any jets on static display because Dover is an AMC Base (Heavies). NOTE: Nice photo of your bike, BTW.

Here's another shot from this morning...it was 32F. You can see the bike is warming up!

Ed
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-21-2013, 06:31 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'm jealous, I could ride in the cold, but the snow we have makes it a deal breaker.

Comment

I'll enjoy the cold for you, Tank

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
          I'm jealous, I could ride in the cold, but the snow we have makes it a deal breaker.
          I wasn't out for long Tank. My hands get a little numb and I have to warm them up by putting them on the CAM covers.

Ed
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            ....... I can get closer but not as close as your photo........
            I should say that I was mostly joking about getting closer.

Good to see that you are excited about the bike.
            Do keep us updated on any interesting rides.
            (will not see any from me for some time. 6 degreesF, snowing, 20mph winds today.)

Last edited by Redman; 01-21-2013, 08:34 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Oh, a joke!

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              I should say that I was mostly joking about getting closer.

Good to see that you are excited about the bike.
              Do keep us updated on any interesting rides.
              (will not see any from me for some time. 6 degreesF, snowing, 20mph winds today.)

Get a little closer, huh? See video below for added joke.

Yes, I do like my "T". I like putting my chest on the tank...the bars are a little high but I'm trying to figure out a riding position.

Bike runs great and I will ride on sunny days...as long as the road isn't frozen.

Ed

EDIT: Reviewed on 8Feb14
              Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-08-2014, 09:18 PM.
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread...my bike looks so different now.

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  I went to an airport, and got right up close to a military jet.
                  Ever been in an F-15?

Got halfway in (leaned over into the cockpit).

Where? Down near Wall Street. It was the damnest thing. Lunch hour, early 1980's, Battery Park on the southern tip of Manhattan, and a friggin' F-15 is parked on the grass. There's a scaffold with stairs so you can climb up to cockpit level. A couple of posters explaining that this is the latest and greatest.

The strangest things occur on that island.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Remembering...

We have nice weather for the next couple of days. I can still remember those cold rides. I'm getting ready for another surgery; I had TKR on my right knee on March 21st...4 weeks later (next Wed) I will have a repeat surgery but on my left knee. I have severe osteoarthritis on my right knee and the left was almost as bad. This also was a good time to straighten out my bow-legs. (Ugh!)

It's taken just over three weeks but I finally have strength in my right thigh muscle (quad). I had a tourniquet put on the thigh and it took all that time for the muscle to wake up!

Of course, it was all about RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate. I went from a walker to a cane after two weeks/same day I had stitches removed. I have confidence/faith that the outcome of these surgeries will improve my Quality of Life.

I'm glad to see everyone is enjoying the riding season coming up!

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X