No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here in Missouri everybody waves regardless of what they ride! When I ride in Kansas I dont get hardly any waves. I have only seen one GS in six months here and it doesnt look like its been on the street latley.always sitting in the same spot poor bike!!!

Comment

Sitting in a driveway at 9th and Lashley in Longmont, I've noticed an L model probably about an 1980 or so. Are you a member? Nice looking bike. Ray
      "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
      GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
      1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
      1979 GS1000SN The new hope
      1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Saw a GS of some sort riding north on rt 114 in Goffstown, NH today at about 8:30am today. Who was it?
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Anybody here from Washington State that was riding a black GS south on HWY 167
          the last few mornings.....yellow vest, white helmet....was that you?
          Shot past me (cage) like I was standing still. :-D

Comment

Last week temps got up into the upper 40s, saw an immaculate blue 1981 GS1100E parked in the driveway of a house I commute by every day. Nobody seemed to be home, so I left a GS Resources card and my business card tucked between the ignition switch and the handlebar pad.

The bike only had 12,000 miles on the odometer, and almost looked brand new.
            sigpic

SUZUKI:
            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

There's a daily rider GS 550L in my 'hood. I see this guy on a GS 650G riding around Orange County all the time. His bike is aged but clean as it can be. Got the classic milk crate on back.

I haven't seen an 850 in years. Most of the GS's seem to be 650's.

Like I should have bought back in 86. They were going for $1600, either the G or the E.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Merkel
                There's a daily rider GS 550L in my 'hood. I see this guy on a GS 650G riding around Orange County all the time. His bike is aged but clean as it can be. Got the classic milk crate on back.

I haven't seen an 850 in years. Most of the GS's seem to be 650's.

Like I should have bought back in 86. They were going for $1600, either the G or the E.
                Is this the same "Flying Merkel" that posts on the Cycle World Forums?

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
                  Is this the same "Flying Merkel" that posts on the Cycle World Forums?

Hap
                  One and the same!

Thought I'd seen your name on the GS1100 project thread. I ride and wrench on an '80 GS1000G.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Merkel
                    One and the same!

Thought I'd seen your name on the GS1100 project thread. I ride and wrench on an '80 GS1000G.
                    Yeah, this is my main web home! If Buttcrack and Hacksaw show up I'll have to move...[-X

Hap

Comment

saw a brown gs 1000 (?) monday afternoob feb 20 in gainesville florida. sitting at the intersection of 13th st and 23rd blvd- near albertsons. there was a sticker on the back of his luggage doohicky about a barber shop....

Comment

Memphis, corner of hacks cross and shelby drive.
                        Blue 450L maybe?
                        red helmet, brown shirt. Who Wazzit?

Comment

Saw another blue GS going down 51 into Millington?
                          Who wazzit?:-D

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
                            I saw a very nice 850 broke down on the side of the road with its vintage (mid70's) owner rolling out his tool roll next to it.
                            it tore me up having to go on by without stopping, but I was on my way to a road call for work and couldnt stop.
                            it still hurts knowing I left a fellow GS'er stranded on the side of the road.
                            Uh huh. And you've never given up days off to help a "fellow" GS'r. Trust me, you are way ahead in that regard, Obi Wan. He was probably just looking at his tools to remind himself hat they looked like any way.

PS. Saw an 82 GS1100GK in my garage. Oh, never mind. That one belongs to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                              Including mine, there are 3 very sorry looking GS400s riding around Ottawa that I've seen. I've seen some nice GS400s too. There are lots of GSs for sale in town too, all under 2 grand CDN.

Steve
                              Would that be ottawa Kansas?

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
                                Would that be ottawa Kansas?
                                Since he's talking about funny money (CDN) I'll bet he's not in the US......

Comment

Working...
                                X