GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South American sighting......

Last wednesday seeing my son off to school in the barrio of Punta Magotes, Mar de Plata Argentina........did my eyes behold a weary but still functioning but a 79 GS750(cast wheels).....she had a bobbed fender seat assembly, looked like it came off a Radian, a DID canister, a large hoseclamp all around the points cover..why??, dirty & well used.....
    I looked her over as a student from the school wandered over & straddled her , I tried my best Spanish to inquire the displacement ****** was his response to which I said "750?" yes 750 was his answer in his broken English.....he flipped out the kickstarter??? one stroke & the rattling cam adjuster was music to my ears, she growled off down the road........GSs' are worldwide!!
    _____________________________________________Rick. ......

Comment

Today, May 24th. Maroon 1100GK with all the fixin's. Walnut grove and Farm road headed east.

Comment

There's an 1150 sitting across the street from my house in a garage as we speak. The guy that bought the bike is from Houston and left it at his in-laws. He seems to be having electrical issues I'll be helping him with tomorrow.

Comment

GS 850L State College, PA

I have seen this bike on a couple occasions during the lunch hour going through the intersection of College Ave. and Burrowes St.

Bike looks stock, with dark green paint (I think)

Comment

Was in the Chicago area last week and there is a '80/'81 GS1100E that needs some TLC on Skokie. Bike was parked on the street and didn't move all week.

Comment

GS 750 rat spotted in Superior WI

Saw a real "rat bike" GS 750 yesterday in Superior, WI. I think the guy lived out of his saddlebags and trunk (couldn't tell what they came from). Saddlebags had clearance light turn signals attached. It seemed to run good, didn't have time to snap any photos since I was driving my motor home with the bike on a trailer behind through a construction zone when he showed up beside me. :-D
              Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2006, 05:13 PM. Reason: Because

Comment

GS 1000 in Lyons,Ks

Saw a GS1000 parked behind a convienance store in Lyons Kansas. Looked pretty rough.

Comment

Blue GS1100 with a 1/4 fairing headed east on Hwy 78 just passed Red Banks. June 4th 4:30 pm.

Comment

Seen an older GS850 with burgundy paint on Main St. by the Taylor/Scranton border, haven't seen it riding around though. I only live about 5 minutes away but my bike hides behind the house. Also seen a GN125 on Main st. about 3 miles theother way, no clue of the year but it looks in really good shape. This anyone out there?

Comment

making my way home... less than a half mile from the house I'm the cage and I see this hispanic guy with no gear on.. tennis shoes, shorts and t-shirt, rattle by on a GS550...

I figure hell with it.. I spin the cage about and follow the guy... he pulls into a driveway not too far down the street and I'm about to pull up whehn his daughter/sister/cousin/whatever all of about 2 years old comes running down the driveway... he's still in second twists the bars and pops the clutch probably doing 1 - 2 mph... over it topples.... I helped him get it off the drive way and take a look at it... 79 or 80 GS550 black tank perfect seat... and even though it just went over it's fairly clean...

I try to ask him questions about the bike... He speaks very broken english and I speak fairly broken spanish.... in the middle somewhere he let me look over the bike... I get an "Es bueno eh?" and I give him the "eeehhh asi asi" as I tap the jerry rigged boots feeding from the airbox to the carbs... wished him a buenos noches and went on my way...

Comment

I was a GS550E in calais maine, for sale, $700 It didn't look in great shape, but could have been worse. the owner had it on the lawn with a battery tender plugged into an extension cord, so my guess is it has charging issues.

Comment

Saw two today. The first a gs750 probably an 80 or 81, black with blue pinstriping, was north bound on Sheridan in Broomield. The second was a black gs1100, parked along main street in Morrison. Either of these belong to a member?
                          "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                          GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                          1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                          1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                          1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

I saw a GS1000S!!! :-D

Blue and white bike coming the other way on the Interstate, cought him in a flash and rubbernecked like crazy, there are only 20 S's left in the country and I never saw one that didn't belong to me.

Too bad I was on my Yamaha TeDiuM.

Comment

I was sitting outside a car wsh today waiting for the car to be ready when a red and black 1150 was heading west out Bandera Road here in San Antonio.

Comment

Saw a GS1100G maroon or brown, I think, today at about 3:30 pm. You were waiting for a light headed into Longmont on Hiway 119 at County Line Road. Are you one of us?
                                "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                                GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                                1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                                1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                                1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
                                X