GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a GS in Rome. The City of the scooter

I went with my wife and daughter to Rome for a week and was taken by the number of bikes everywhere in that city. No matter where I looked there were bikes (mostly scooters) but not a GS to be found. When we were in a cab, heading to the train station we passed a Piazza and there it was. I am thinking 550 or smaller old school GS. Those round cam caps just smiling up at me.

FYI The bike looked to be very well cared for and in excellent shape.

My disappointment is that I didn't find the rider and find out if they had a regional ride coming up soon.

Comment

My wife mentioned that there's a bike like mine "up by the school". She thought is was the same model. Nah, I thought. Not in this town.
      Sure enough, just one year off, a 79 GS1000! Crappy purple paint, bad oil leak from a bad oil cooler install. Interesting fellow with questionable safety standards.

Then in Hudson's Hope, B.C. I spotted an 83 GS650L at a gas station. Chatted with the owner a bit. He had ridden it from Maine and was headed to Alaska!

Comment

saw a 650L in raytown missouri today! Firts gs Ive ever seen in my area.He was going the other way and I couldnt stop in my truck.Hopefully I will run into him again and we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
          saw a 650L in raytown missouri today! Firts gs Ive ever seen in my area.He was going the other way and I couldnt stop in my truck.Hopefully I will run into him again and we can talk.
          Just don't "run into" him.:?

Comment

[QUOTE=Billyboy]Just don't "run into" him.:?[/QUOTE I'll try to stop him or catch up with him or flag him down,how's that?

Comment

Whatever you like, bud!

Comment

DroooOOOoooool

I saw the sweetest GS1000S Cooley replica today..... the blue n white:-D

seriously it was the sweetes shiniest machine I have ever seen...

sorry Sharpy m8 - even tidier than yours ....

the dude on it lookd soooo young - he was in matching blue n white leather ffs and so skinny they looked loose on him - soz dude if your readin this but I couldnt fit into leathers made from a whole bull ffs

sounded great and had snappy pick up as he went through traffic through town....

trouble was I was driving a Govt. minister to the Airport...

he was getting alil nervous as I was changin lanes trying to keep up and eye balling the bike every time we stopped lol...

...when the bike and I parted ways i was so tempted to follow a lil further wondering if the out of state minister would notice the detour lol...

sigh - been dreaming ever since...=D>

he must be on a forum somewhere to have a bike like that sooo bloody perfectly immaculate....

nice bike dude - who ever you are....\\/

cheers

Phark

Comment

I saw a GS 450T yesterday afternoon at the Round Rock hospital. It was either brown or maroon, couldn't really tell.

Comment

Sunday at the track a GS750E rolled passed us ridding two up....
                    Later, he pulled in near our pit to park and watch the racing. Talked to him a bit, it was a '78 and he had just pulled it out of the garage after several years and got it running again.
                    Decent shape up close, all original and seemed to run good.
                    He didn't know about GSR when I asked him about it, but was going to check it out.

Bob T.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

i was sitting at the highway offramp waiting for the lights to change yesterday and heard a bike pull up and stop in my blind spot. One the light changed and we turned on to the road, the bike passed me and then I saw it.
                      (I'm in my car, I still need to get my 650 worked on so I can take it to work.)

I followed him about 3 miles till i was able to pull up along side at a red light and talk with him. (didn't want to scare the hell out of him with the horn or just yelling)

Turns out he has a '78 GS550. Has only had it for a month or so. He gave me some possible leads on mechanics that will work on the older bikes, but they won't take them until the off season.

Comment

While riding my GS 1000 L south out of Dover, DE a week or so ago, I spotted a bike up ahead with the tag 'GS 750'. So I pulled up next to him at a red light and we greeted each other. He was riding a maroon 16 valve 750E.

The light turned green and as we pulled away, I noticed that his bike was making some awful noises - sounded to me like they might be coming from the transmission. I tried to get him to pull over to tell him about this site, but he absolutely ignored my efforts. When he turned off, I followed him for a couple of blocks w/ my turn signal on and I pulled to the side of the road.

But he just rode away. Oh well...

Comment

I saw a beautiful 650 Katana (I think) twice the other day. Painted a nice high gloss orange, black engine, all clean and shiny. Very sweet. I was on my 850 L and we both acknowledged each others rides. I don't see too many GSs around here, so it felt good.

Comment

only one i have seen WAS a gs650gl around to corner to me and i think he sold it (it sat outside) and a rusty p.o.s. 1150 the guy wanted 950.00 for, alas no gs riders by me they are all on hondas, yamahas... i'm going to use the "F" word soon.
                            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

While passing the corner of Acres Green Parkway and Altair in the Acres Green Subdivision, near the Parkmeadows Mall in Lonetree, Colorado. Under a twotone bike cover a GS ?, looks to be an ES model from the wheels. Are you a member? Ray
                              "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                              GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                              1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                              1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                              1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Blue (like mine :-D)1978 GS1000C at Motorcycle/Atv Service on Winchester at Getwell.
                                I went in and asked the lady that works there what the story was, she said you were having the fork seals done. Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

Comment

Working...
                                X