GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
    You mean we don't have go north of the border for authentic homestyle Canadian food now?

I guess not!:shock:

Actually, the coffee's the best part. Any deli can make a turkey club on rye.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post

What about the favorites like Moose Scrapple, Beaver Rolls and Caribou-B-Q.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2007, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post

For years, I drove across part of Canada on a regular basis - essentially Windsor to Cornwall. I always went to TH's for coffee and a box of twenty donut holes. The coffee was in paper cups - certainly better for flavor, but hot as hell. They would always ask if you wanted a 'double cup' meaning two layers to save your skin. Years of this. Anyway, I wonder of Tim ever learned about those little corregated cup sleeves?? Seems it might ahve saved them a bunch of $$$.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

So I Just returned from a family reunion in Driggs, Idaho. Of course the trip included a side jaunt to Jackson hole, Wyo, where I saw (in passing) a GS-G. Could not identify any further than that as it was stopped at some roadside joint and I was going up to String Lake in Teton National Park with my wife, two children, and in laws. Don't think they'd be too excited to stop and yap at another GS'er. It was brown and I did see the drive shaft and Suzuki on the tank, and an air-cooled in line four but beyond that I couldn't say. First thing I thought was "I should post in the GS Sightings thread"....Even on vacation I think about these old dinosaurs!

Comment

I stopped at All Powersports in Victoria, MN a couple days ago to get a tire mounted for my GS, and right there in front of the garage door.... was the finest specimen of GS that I've ever seen up close. :shock: An early 80's GS850 shaft drive- looking like it just rolled off the showroom floor! Fairing and bags, all black, and restored to perfection.

No picture, of the best bikes on these forums prepared me for the awe I felt standing next to that bike... Mine is but a shell of it's former glory by comparison. It was both inspiring, and humbling to behold.

I was out with my Sister on a multiple errand run, or I would have gone home for the camera in a heartbeat.

Comment

GS650GL in Saratoga, IA. I spotted it sitting at a cafe on my way to get some camper repair work done. Looked to be pretty much stock with good looking paint. The paint scheme is similar to my '83 850GLD. According to the owner's wife, they have a friend that does most of the work on it, and they are starting to have transmission trouble with it. Suggested that they might check out GS Resources as a place for advice.

Comment

There's a guy around here with a well-used GS1100GL, Haven't caught up with him yet.

Comment

i saw this

it was parked oposite my grandma`s house
                  (snapped on a mobile phone)

Comment

Who was it?

Saw an 850 with a Vetter fairing and Vetter tail box on I-90 in Wisconsin just on th north west side of Madison. Traffic was screwed up enough I could shout over he had a nice looking machine.

Comment

On a local fundraising ride a couple weeks ago, I ran across a '78 GS400. Visited with the owner a couple of times. She's been working on restoring the bike. Looks good. She might be joining us on the Galena ride.

Comment

I saw an early 80's Blue GS1100L in Edmonton last week. Actually the South Edm Common.

Anyone's?

Comment

Sunday, on The Tribute To The Troops ride, (this was in Rice), spotted a black GS in the line up for fuel (naked bike), couldn't tell what model it was, I was moving up in line to fill mine up, my wife heard them remark, "hey there's a GS850". They were from the Central ride, the largest contingent of the Ride. We didn't have time to visit, as we had to get on the road....We had over 200 bikes on the last leg of the trip.:-D

Comment

Spun about in traffic yesterday and caught up with a GS1100E in Champagne color... I passed him on route 31 and caught up with him on Army Trail Rd in Aurora. I pulled up next to him and told him about the resources quickly at the light before I ran off to work.

Hopefully he'll stop by and join up sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by skreemer View Post
                              Spun about in traffic yesterday and caught up with a GS1100E in Champagne color... I passed him on route 31 and caught up with him on Army Trail Rd in Aurora. I pulled up next to him and told him about the resources quickly at the light before I ran off to work.

Hopefully he'll stop by and join up sometime soon.
                              That would be cool to have another brother from the IL area join up.

Comment

Here's another one. On the way home on 25 today because 31 is all tore up I passed a guy on the side of the road. I saw it was a GS1000e Skunk... At first I thought he was just parked and I realized he was looking critically at something. I spun about to just say hello and give him info on the resources. Come to find out he had blown a fuse and couldn't get her going. I was in the truck and through some creative use of the neighboring terrain with no ramp we got her in the back of my pick up and I carted em both home.

He offered money for the lift but I differed and told him to post up here instead... look out for some electrical questions and a hello...

Comment

Working...
                                X